Interested in ideas regarding hedging forex positions

Discussion in 'Forex' started by eaglefeather, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Handle123

Handle123

I been hedging all my position over 59 minutes in commodities since 1992 and stocks 2010. Starting in 2010, I switched my study from profits to risk management, wish I did the conversion decade before. And my "Hedging Strategies" has become one of my edges as I have now spent over 10,000 hours doing research and much back testing, calling different traders willing to discuss hedging that are into risk management. You network enough, eventually you form alliances to cover unwritten books.

I believe many have hedging ideas and just understand general knowledge, but when the petal hits the metal is deep into research and either I discover a unique approach or it most likely be done before and no one discusses, neither will I.

What I will discuss is how to not make trades and in a few years your account has changed to up. I have U.S. Dollar topping, so I am short this market. I have separate account to trade currencies and have three accounts that I found three currencies I feel have bottomed against the dollar, so I will "exchange" from U.S. Dollar into another currency and leave it in that account. I try to find currencies that also have exchanges like Euro currency so I will trade like the Bund, Dax etc. I been buying Euro since 2015, several times got stopped out at breakeven, few times hitting first target, did well selling options. So the account is holding it's own, but it has gone up against the U.S. Dollar. So you can just exchange hard currency and do nothing, monitor it in case it goes wrong way, can hedge that with futures position. And you can trade exchanges of that country without having to pay added exchange rates. So #one can make money from doing nothing and wait for exchange rates get better for the currency you are holding and when it gets toppy, you exchange back into the U.S. dollar or another currency that is bottoming. #second you can trade the exchanges in that currency to make more and won't have to pay exchanging rates as you just leave monies in that same currency.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can also trade forex between one currency in an uptrend/sell one is a downtrend long term. Makes little sense to me so many trade like minded currencies that are in same trends. You can hedge one or both using future's options. And yes, there are ways to hedge where cost is very very low, but steep learning curve.

Starbucks time.

#11     Dec 1, 2017
    Xela likes this.
  2. Esha.J

Esha.J

Hedging is the best plan to reduce the negative effect of a trade. In other words, to protect your position from an unexpected movement in the market. It's a good thing to hedge.

#12     Dec 2, 2017
  3. There are many ways to deal in with the Forex Market, you need to find the perfect one that could work for you in the Forex Trading.

#13     Dec 3, 2017
  4. Yes you are right my friend.

#14     Dec 4, 2017
  5. Hedging is one of the risk management techniques that traders are extensively using to minimize their risks while engaging in forex trading. In hedging, a trader takes simultaneous buying and selling position on the same currency pairs at the same time. So that if a trader faces losses in buying position on one currency pair, he will automatically will win in the selling position of that thereby. Thereby net profit will be zero.

#15     Dec 6, 2017
  6. Xela

Xela

Wow - profound. And just think: we'd never even have suspected it without you so kindly (and repeatedly) pointing it out. [​IMG]

#16     Dec 6, 2017
    Sig likes this.
  7. Sig

Sig

This thread is just a confederacy of dunces, with the exception of @Handle123 who's well thought out post was I'm afraid sadly wasted on the other participants.

#17     Dec 6, 2017
    Xela likes this.
  8. Xela

Xela

I'm afraid that's all too often the case. [​IMG]

#18     Dec 6, 2017
  9. The thing is Xela that due to the traders like you who make fun of the posts, the other newbie traders who have just join the forum to gain the knowledge, doesn't find it important. Atleast I am not promoting any brokers, though my words may seem repeated, but you only tell me that am I repeating the senseless words?

#19     Dec 6, 2017
  10. Sig

Sig

Sorry dude, your post contained no information and if anything would confuse someone new who might not realize that the post was pointless. That deserves to be pointed out.

#20     Dec 7, 2017
    Xela likes this.