Interest rates.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by slider123456, Jul 23, 2008.

1. I think I see now what the hangup in your thinking is Slider. In your imaginary world is the supply of money fixed or not fixed?

If the supply of money in your theoretical world is static, then, no, what you say cannot happen because like in sjfan's example for one person to be more productive it must come at the expense of another who might also have been able to use the money.

If the supply of money in your imaginary world is consistently increased then you have the same problem that is occurring now: inflation. The interest rate isn't the culprit, merely the symptom.

#41     Jul 24, 2008
  2. What you are saying is true under the present economic rules but it does not apply if there is no interest since interest drives inflation. There would be set terms and asset seizure or fraud charges for non-payment as we do now.

#42     Jul 24, 2008
  3. But what are the set terms? If someone is borrowing money, who are they borrowing it from, and what is incentivising that person/group to lend it to them?

#43     Jul 24, 2008
  4. I really do not subscribe to conspiricy theories. I also do not automatically decide they are not true either. The bigger the conspiracy the more proof I would need. Someone saying it is so is not proof to me.

I never read that article I saw him on a video.

#44     Jul 24, 2008
  5. You are subscribing to one by your acceptance and propogation of his economic theory. It is based on and was written for the purpose of supporting that conspiracy theory.

#45     Jul 24, 2008
  6. Um Slider, what do you mean by no interest?

You think the government can simply tell the market they will ban the imposition of interest? Then what will happen is this: no lender will lend. Sources for credit will dry up. People won't be able to buy things and take advantage of opportunities. The economy will tank.

#46     Jul 24, 2008
  7. It would not be the same as borrowing there would have to be an institution that would asses the risk of giving someone a loan and would appraise property for capital loans. They would need to be heavily regulated, transparent constantly audited and give all info to the public domain.

Their would be terms of a certain number of years if the person defaulted he would have his assets seized in effect a forced sale or fraud charges and possible jail time.

#47     Jul 24, 2008
  8. No all I accept is that I pay $550,000 dollars for a $250,000 dollar house. That is proof to me.

#48     Jul 24, 2008
  9. I don't think he really knows what he means by no interest. It sounded good in a video from a guy who is trying to prove that the Bilderberg Group is running the world. Since it sounded good, it must make sense.

#49     Jul 24, 2008
  10. No it would have to be a economic reform that people want to put into effect in great numbers.

#50     Jul 24, 2008