Interest payments on US debt could top $1 trillion...no worries it's just a Trillion!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Mar 15, 2018.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Again no worries....what's a trillion dollars to service all that US debt....everyone talks about how gangbusters the US economy is yet all we continue to do is get into even more debt. Debt debt debt.....poor nation. Simple economics 101 would tell you that these debts cannot be sustainable but for some reason everyone continues to ignore it....no worries the fed will be back to save the market from the next crisis.....so they say!!

Interest payments on US debt could top $1 trillion

Its numbers are likely to be in the same ballpark as CRFB's. Just eight months ago, before the tax and spending deals passed, the CBO had estimated interest spending could hit $818 billion, or nearly 3% of GDP, by 2027 as a result of rising interest rates and growing debt.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/15/news/economy/interest-on-the-debt/index.html

2. JackRab

JackRab

Zimbabwe would go: "meh..." :cool:

Xela, southall and JSOP like this.
  3. JSOP

JSOP

When it's too much to pay, all the countries will just write it off and bail USA out. After all, it's the USA; it's Too Big to Fail.

4. southall

southall

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We all going to be trillionaires soon.

JackRab likes this.
  5. [​IMG], it's a beautiful thing. Money is. -- it's like seeing a huge dick. Everything else in your world around you becomes temporarily zoned out.

6. All debts will be reset to 0 , no worries. I am borrowing as much as I can, all be pardoned soon by the governent. It was done in ancient times many times to reset economy .

7. ktm

ktm

It's weird that we didn't hear about the debt for some years and now people want to talk about it again.

8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Actually, it's entirely sustainable, you are basing your ideas on nothing real again. Canada had similar issues around 30+ years ago and we got it under control by raising taxes. I suspect Americans will face the same solution in the near future once Trump's economic ideas basically fail. If Canada got it done, why are you insisting the US can't ? Remember, Canada faced huge federal deficits when interest rates were 14%. Yet we survived fine and eventually by year 2000 we had a few surpluses. But I'm all ears, what is this "economics 101" you learned that led you to your conclusions ? Be specific, the big colorful fonts and emotional rants just don't impact me at all.

ps I looked it up, our major banks prime rate around roughly 1983 peaked at roughly 23%. That is compared to now at 3.45%.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Consider the poster who started the thread, he gets emotional and rants every time US markets go up after he forecasts a stock market crash. Happens far more frequently then one would think.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  10. JackRab

JackRab

Really? o_O

#10     Mar 18, 2018