Interest Earned with IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by FCCT, Sep 19, 2005.

1. FCCT

FCCT

When is interest paid with IB?

I dont see any in my monthly statements and only recently been seeing interest on some daily statements...

Thanks,

2. me too, on some daily statment. question do i collect interest on options sold ? i have like 23.5K worth of future option. is it going to collect interest for me ?

3. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Interest is usually paid in the first week of the month. It's only paid if you have over $10k in the account. Interest accrues on settled cash.
    Full details available on our website under Fees>>Interest.
    For specific questions related to your account, please complete a Trouble Ticket from your Account Management Menu.

4. What about positive carry interest on the leverage holdings of Forex?

Interest is usually paid in the first week of the month. It's only paid if you have over $10k

5. FCCT

FCCT

Thanks,

So if you have 15,000 do u get interest on the whole 15k or just 5k?

Also do I have to keep each currency at their minimum balence or is it based on your base currency.

6. JackR

JackR

I think there was a recent thread on this. I don't do FOREX but if I remember correctly the FOREX interest rates are based on the currency pairs you are trading which is then converted to $US or whatever your account's base currency is.

$5K. The interest that the first $10K earns is used by IB to support their customer service group. (It is rumored)

Jack