IntercontinentalExchange wins trading rights for Russell equity indexes

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by rodmike9, Jun 18, 2007.

1. IB promises they will have these available by September 1......2009 :mad:

#41     Aug 15, 2007
  2. You can't be serious.

OTOH, Esignal seems clueless about the switch. So nothing surprises me.

"The CME has said that it will list the Russell contracts through the September 2008 expiration date of its agreement"

I guess we have some time....

#42     Aug 15, 2007
  3. I'm making fun of their reluctance (or sloth) in making NYBOT contracts on ICE available. It took forever to get softs.

And where the f*** is the dollar index??????????

The only thing that will speed them up is volume moving to ICE. If they get hit in the pocketbook (or purse) they will get off their butts.....

#43     Aug 15, 2007
  4. abxs

abxs

Just got a message saying that starting tomorrow the ER2 contract will no longer be traded :eek: :confused:

I am aware of the change to ICE but I thought CME was going to trade it until September next year?!

#44     Aug 30, 2007
  5. Can you post the message?

thanks,

Michael

#45     Aug 30, 2007
  6. abxs

abxs

Here you go:

"I have an update for you. Effective tomorrow the ER2 contract will no longer be traded and the new symbol for the Russell 2000 will be RUT and the Russell 1000 will be RYO. For the RUT contract the root symbol TO indicates a multiplier of 500 and the root symbol TF indicates a multiplier of 100. I hope this clears things up."

#47     Aug 31, 2007
  7. abxs

abxs

#48     Aug 31, 2007
  8. #49     Aug 31, 2007
  9. Your message contradicts what the exchange has posted. And as far as I can see, the er2 is still tading on the CME.

Please check your sources before presenting incomplete (and false) information.

Thanks,

Michael

#50     Aug 31, 2007