InteractiveBrokers, Oh My!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by cscott, May 12, 2006.

1. TGM

TGM

Great post.

Test Status: Done.
    DNS Location Average Ping1 Ping2 Ping3
    pcpitstop.com Dallas, TX, USA 44 43 45 44
    yahoo.com (various) 24 24 25 24
    google.com (various) 18 17 19 18
    cnet.com (various) 65 64 66 64
    espn.com (various) 60 60 61 60
    blogger.com (various) 64 63 68 62

FWIW I am using Comcast on my system and I got the above--I have never had problems with Comcast. However, others have. Get a backup. My pings are good ---according to the scale. I do not know jack about tech stuff.

I am curious to know if anyone uses the above Antivirus? DDunbar would it be better than AVG's free edition? I have found the free editions to be the same as the others (or close enough to not make a difference). AVG is not a resource hog --so it is good for trading computers or so it seems.

#11     May 12, 2006
  2. range

range

ping gw1.ibllc.com

#12     May 12, 2006
  3. TGM

TGM

U talking to me? How do I do this?

#13     May 12, 2006
  4. just21

just21

click on start then run enter in the box

#14     May 12, 2006
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

It apparently varies in different parts of the country but I have problems with comcast constantly here in the southeast.

#15     May 12, 2006
  6. TGM

TGM

it does it so friggin fast that I cannot see what is up---the dos prompt disapears! How do I keep it up and copy what it is doing and look at the damn thing???

#16     May 12, 2006
  7. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Geez, nice numbers. Better than mine and I have optimum online. I'm pulling down 9-15mbs. But all my ping numbers are <100.

AVG is good. But Bitdefender has been voted best by a number of reviews. It detects more adware, keyloggers, trojans and spyware than any other. It's an online virus scanner though. So if you system is really screwed, it won't help a bit. But it's saved me a few times. I use that along with Hijack This. But with Hijack this you really have to know what you're doing. It's not that difficult but you may inadvertenly remove a BHO or some other entry that is actually a valid system file.

#17     May 12, 2006
  8. TGM

TGM

it is like 38ms --and 32 bytes ---sound ok??

#18     May 12, 2006
  9. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Start/accesories/command prompt.

And thanks range for the domain. :)

#19     May 12, 2006
  10. TGM

TGM

thanks ---learn something new everyday!!

wtf is the "range for the domain"??? i dont understand the joke?? something I should know about??

average for ib ping is 38ms for me

#20     May 12, 2006