InteractiveBrokers Charts

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by LT701, Mar 30, 2007.

1. IB does not seem to understand the importance of troubleshooting, and so, they neglect it so that they can instead spend time adding more bells and whistles. IB is willing to listen to its customers, and that is why they started the IB New Features Poll. If you are not willing to vote for suggestion # 2185, so that troubleshooting will have higher priority than adding new features, then you, and the very many other non-voting customers like you, are part of the very problem about which you complain.

I strongly disagree with your accusations of dishonesty. I think you make them because you have little awareness of how organizations function and the kinds of obstacles they face.

#11     Apr 13, 2007

2. Once again you show your character and your grasp of reality.

#12     Apr 13, 2007
  3. notouch

notouch

If you could expedite the rollout for ECBOT that would be great as YM is a popular contract with retail traders.

Does this issue only affect IB's own charts or any charts that use IB data?

#13     Apr 13, 2007
  4. More reasons why I dont use IB charts.... I think I have opened them twice... They take forever to load.... Blah Blah Blah. LOL...

Free yourself....

#14     Apr 13, 2007
  5. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

We have identified a potential problem with old versions of TWS which do not handle the new backend-supplied 5-second bars correctly. Thus we are forced to turn off the backend support for all versions of TWS except the current browser beta TWS (871).

If you are running TWS 870 or earlier, this change will cause TWS to revert to calculation of bars based on regular realtime market data it receives.

ECBOT should be rolled out for Tuesday

#15     Apr 13, 2007
  6. LT701

LT701

i downloaded the latest version of tws in thursday, and it seemed to clear up the volume bar problem

but it still seemed like there was about a 5 second delay between the chart price movement and the tws quote line price, in many cases, there was a nasty lag in the chart when a big price move occurred on the main tws quote line

#16     Apr 14, 2007
  7. LT701

LT701

(bump)

#17     Apr 18, 2007