Interactivebrokers account security

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by irniger, Dec 19, 2008.

1. can one switch rom the platium to the gold. i have 2 accounts with the platium and its a pain in the ass

#11     Dec 19, 2008
  2. Stosh

Stosh

I have the card with the random number method.....not much of a nuisance. Stosh

#12     Dec 19, 2008
  3. Another vote for the card. I sent back the key chain device and am glad I did. Put the card in your wallet and you're done with it.

#13     Dec 20, 2008
  4. Go with the card. Very convenient and easy to use. Can use it on any computer. Had the electronic device--it was a pain.

#14     Dec 20, 2008
  5. I must not have a big enough account.
    They gave me the plastic card with the random codes on it and didn't offer the electronic device.

*pout*

#15     Dec 20, 2008
  6. You probably sol with IB under any circumstance. They would no doubt come up with a way to weasel out of it even if your account was breached and you had the device.

#16     Dec 20, 2008
  7. irniger

irniger

Thanks for all the tips and answers to my question.

Which other futures/forex brokers offer cards or devices like IB? For more security I might want to use several brokers.

Thanks, Felix

#17     Dec 20, 2008
  8. Must be > $100K

#18     Dec 20, 2008
  9. I have 3 accounts with IB. Two of the accounts have cards and one has the "calculator" type device.

I carry the cards around in my wallet. The problem is if you lose your wallet the cards are gone. I am going to take my cards and scan them and email them to a yahoo account so if I lose the cards their image is saved.

As a matter of fact, I may just use the saved images to log in and put my cards in my desk.

John

#19     Dec 20, 2008
  10. cstfx

cstfx

Been doing that since the day I got the card. I keep a copy in my wallet, a copy on the computer and the original in the drawer. If you work with multiple monitors, having the image loaded in one makes logging in easier than reading the print version, at least for us old guys with weaker eyes.

#20     Dec 20, 2008