Interactive Real-Time Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by psytek, Jun 8, 2005.

1. psytek

psytek

Trading exclusively from the chart, are there any TA products that can do this?

1) I want to be able to place my cross-hair cursor on my chart at the desired price level for my order, click and have the order go out via my AT code. I don't want to have to punch in any numbers or hassle with my TWS (in fact I prefer not to see it); I want speed.

2) Next i want to have my TA package retrieve the fill-price from my TWS (when it becomes available) and plot this price on my chart for later reference. This so that I can add interpretive information based on actual fill prices.

To me this would appear the ultimate trading setup, anyone know which TA software can do this?

Best regards,
    Herman

2. Techguy

Techguy

3. Quiet1

Quiet1

4. psytek

psytek

[Techguy] Consider a Computer To Computer Interface (CTCI).

Thanks Techguy, regretfully i am not technical enough to use CTCI... Looking for something easier to use.

[Quiet1] www.cqg.com

Thanks Quiet1, this looks interesting. I am working through the demo right now.

fwiw... I am using AmiBroker with the Interactive Controller (an API interface) in the 3-minute timeframe and things work pretty good except for the lack of chart-interactive trading. I can read fill-prices from the TWS and plat them using afl code - bit messy and slow but it can do.

Thanks for your replies!
    herman

5. NeoTicker can do that from its charts, using a pair of buy/sell hotkeys (F2/F3).

That was added since 3.x when our users requested for the ability.

6. They

They

7. JayS

JayS

Like he said CQG is good...

[​IMG]

8. Techguy

Techguy

Thanks Stephen:

I was addressing speed not API's.

Original quote: "I want speed". I should have quoted him, then it would have been clear.

9. psytek

psytek

As I mentioned earlier I am an AmiBroker user, well AmiBroker has just added getCursorXPosition() and getCursorYPosition() functions in its latest 4.71 beta release.

This allows me to create Click-Sensitive Areas on my charts for instant changing of setups and to place orders by simply clicking at the appropriate price level on my chart. No longer do I have to navigate between different types of entry windows... this is just what i was looking for.

I have no stake in Amibroker; i am just a happy user :)
    Herman.

#10     Jul 7, 2005