Interactive Data to Acquire Lycos Inc.’s Quote.com

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Raphel Finelli, Feb 1, 2006.

1. chisel

chisel

You got that right. QCharts is perfect for me even with its glitches. Though if the price goes up any more, I'll seek a cheaper alternative. ESignal is definitely out. (I tried them once.)

#41     Feb 2, 2006
  2. sammybea

sammybea

Thats hilarious. I would rather stop trading before i use a sub-quality interface like Esignals. Hopefully they use Qcharts with an Esig data feed.

#42     Feb 2, 2006
  3. mokwit

mokwit

You would be better off with carrier pigeons bringing each packet.

#43     Feb 2, 2006
  4. Agreed.

I hated esignal for a number of reasons. The only benefit to e' is their reputedly excellent datafeed. Fine, plug it in to QCharts and leave the rest alone. I won't use esignal otherwise.

#44     Feb 2, 2006
  5. scottgarl

scottgarl

I've been a qharts user for three years. It has many unique features and benefits that eSignal does not have.

I recently subscribed to eSignal (while still keeping qharts) because I need the eSignal awesome data feed for day trading. Qharts never invested in a real time data feed that actually worked.

Qharts is great for scanning. Simple things such as being able to change symbols by hitting the spacebar within a quote sheet, and hot keying around different screen setups are missing in eSignal. Qharts is also better at maximizing use of screen space. And there are many more Qharts benefits over esignal too!

The bottom-line for me is -- and I hope eSignal management hears this -- give qharts an eSignal quality data feed and it is worth not only keeping, but investing resources into :)

#45     Feb 3, 2006
  6. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Hello All,

Thanks for your interest in the eSignal press release on IDC to acquire Quote.com. As public companies this PR only announces the signing of the agreement and not the final completion of the deal.

Because of that, we can't say much currently except we do intend to keep all their products including QCharts and intend to improve them and the data sources including adding the vast collection of international and forex data we have to these products.

Once the deal closes we'll more actively communicate our future plans.

Chuck Thompson
    President, eSignal

#46     Feb 3, 2006
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

the next brilliant logical step would be replacing tahoe chart with qchart, who know I may even give it another try.

#47     Feb 4, 2006
  8. sammybea

sammybea

Thanks Chuck.. I think thats a huge sigh of relief for all Qcharts users. Hope the merger does go through!

#48     Feb 4, 2006
  9. when does it close?

#49     Feb 5, 2006
  10. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Cdntrader

"The acquisition is expected to close during the first quarter, subject to customary closing conditions including governmental approvals. "

I hope soon ....

Chuck

#50     Feb 5, 2006