Interactive Data to Acquire Lycos Inc.’s Quote.com

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Raphel Finelli, Feb 1, 2006.

1. TWS hotlists/scanner is coming along nicely. they just need to add some columns like "% in daily range" and make them sortable.

#31     Feb 2, 2006
  2. qcharts is a good product for beginners. i was a subscriber when i was still at school. my custom software ran originally off the qcharts feed api.
    it was a good product back then, late 90s, early 2000's, since all you needed to make lots of money was US stocks and equity indices.
    back then their only problem was they had so many subscribers the servers could not keep up.
    today, 2006, it lacks significatively, since it doesn't have cash forex, international eq indices/futures (no eurex, sgx, tse) and their data for metals, energy, bonds have lots of errors and there is no adequate continuous contracts charting capabilities.
    i went for another provider after they erased their intraday historical data for a few months back in 2002, and I couldn't backtest my system for contracts I hadn't downloaded.
    well i subscribed to not have to mantain a database as their sales pitch promised... i was wrong.
    their original design is excellent though, charting could not be easier and fast, i don't know what happened they don't care to backup/mantain their data or to add new symbols it almost seems like the qcharts people are underpaid and hate their job or don't care subscribers have money on the line.

#32     Feb 2, 2006
  3. jem

jem

You have to love the esignal cartoon charts. I am very glad I left them after subscribing for about 5 years.

#33     Feb 2, 2006
  4. Those Cartoon charts is what lures newbie traders into signing up with eSignal. Can't believe bunch of holy shit indictors goes for sale like that

Left esignal one year ago when cost was even lower, and will never return period

#34     Feb 2, 2006
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

ditto - both counts.

#35     Feb 2, 2006
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

tough. futuresource wont broke either - but alas, now.......

although fees havent increased - they do send out offers to pay a year in advance for a years service at 10% discount. as soon as everyone signs up, they bring in the technical help to screw the feed up. lucky i wasnt suckered into that one!

#36     Feb 2, 2006
  7. Bsulli

Bsulli

ROFL!

:D

Seriously If memory serves correctly Esignal hired the chief qcharts programmer a couple of years ago. Thats why there hasn't been a qcharts upgrade in a longtime.

#37     Feb 2, 2006
  8. It's possible that ESig will simply take over the QCharts app and use their own data feed with it. That would be the ideal solution, plus it would remedy the biggest problem with QCharts, the lack of international exchanges. It would be a real shame if they ditched QCharts' unique features, eg the breadth measures, the hot lists, the lengthy intraday history.

I find it mildly disturbing that no one from Esig has come on here and reassured us as to their intentions. I know they monitor this site. Hard to believe they would make this acquisition without firm plans for what they would do with it.

I would offer what I think should be a blindingly obvious observation. The vast majority of QCharts customers are people who, for one reason or another, absolutely will not use ESig. If they think they can force QCharts users to migrate to ESig, they are in for a big surprise, and Jerry Medved and the Sierra Charts people are in for a big upsurge in business.

#38     Feb 2, 2006
  9. that sucks

I haven't had a good experience with the people from eSignal/ Futuresource and their products are overpriced

#39     Feb 2, 2006
  10. did Qcharts have put/call ratio data???? I hope so..... but then again eSignal may take it out..... Mexico will have its 1st man on the moon before eSignal offers put/call data.

#40     Feb 2, 2006