Interactive Data to Acquire Lycos Inc.’s Quote.com

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Raphel Finelli, Feb 1, 2006.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Sorry, Vhehn. But, you better get warmed up with your profanity. You most likely will be needing it.:p

#21     Feb 1, 2006
  2. As a current QCharts subscriber, the only positive I can find is ...

..... I'll finally get to participate in those "ESignal Down Again! Threads.

- Spydertrader

#22     Feb 1, 2006
  3. i will not use esignal. been there done that. i will probably go ib+medved quote tracker.

#23     Feb 1, 2006
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Wouldn't it be a bwitch if eSignal bought QuoteTracker???

#24     Feb 1, 2006
  5. I've been a Qcharts subscriber for the last 8 years. Sounds like a subscription rate increase will be coming from ESignal under the guise of "enhancements". That would be tolerable - so long as there are no plans to screw up Qcharts. I don't like ESignal.

NOTE to ESignal: PLEASE DON'T FIX SOMETHING THAT'S NOT BROKE!

#25     Feb 1, 2006
  6. Babak

Babak

The reason why Qcharts is better than IB+QT is its hotlist capabilities. I'll say it again, IB made a HUGE blunder by not buying Qcharts. $30 mil is loose change for TimberHill and it would have catapulted them waaay ahead of their competition.

#26     Feb 1, 2006
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

good, now they have capacity to draw proper looking candle chart instead of this

#27     Feb 2, 2006
  8. Actually, if you get Trade-Ideas subscription, you can have quite extensive hotlist capabilities in QuoteTracker

#28     Feb 2, 2006
  9. I don't know about the data feed reliability, Qchart was nothing of special software, no surprise it was sold for minimal $30M

You had to pay like $200 for Qchart Metastock pro, and for intra-daytrading, there is no middle Middle market, because when trading intraday, you have to use the best feed like X-trader, CQG, ...you really can't make any money trading small account and using slower feeds

For other TF any data would be fine and all comes down to which software has best features

#29     Feb 2, 2006
  10. mokwit

mokwit

Absolutely right, there is no middle market.

BBG/Reuters/CQG is at core about serving a finite number of LT customers and is about reliability and backup servers as much as it is about features.

Retail is all about serving a high turnover client base and having the right indicators and features to attract retail and spending on marketing to replace subs lost to a 95% turnover rate. Also about front end loading and selling add ons while the new sub asumes it is nothing compared to the money he will make.

As noted, equis quotecenter looks to be a very good compromise, just need a way of getting the data into other charting platforms. Any ideas?

#30     Feb 2, 2006