Interactive Data to Acquire Lycos Inc.’s Quote.com

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Raphel Finelli, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Babak

Babak

Yeah, I can't understand why IB would spend so much time, money and energy on a billion dollar cancelled Refco bid, when they could have spend a tiny fraction of that and scooped up a product that would have catapulted them ahead of many other brokers.

Can you imagine the integrated power of IB's execution platform/data feeds plugged into QCharts hotlists and graphical capabilities?

A no brainer... for me atleast. But go figure.

#11     Feb 1, 2006
  2. mokwit

mokwit

Sad day for the independent trader. My observation was that Futuresource data was fine until eSignal acquired them.

Disclosure: I am an ex eSignal subscriber who cancelled in disgust.

#12     Feb 1, 2006
  3. sammybea

sammybea

My thinking is that IDC is a far more solid company than Lycos which it seems like never supported quote.com. Hopefully this will extend the life of quote.com versus killing it by neglect. For IDC its brilliant cause I doubt they could hire tech guys that could provide them with a superior interface AND all the subs that go with it.

In some ways I wish I had 30 million and bought it. In the right hands it could be highly profitable.

#13     Feb 1, 2006
  4. Will there be a put/ call ratio data available with that acquisition???????

#14     Feb 1, 2006
  5. LOL, free market in action... I mean the real free market not imaginary libertarian free market dream. Competitors prefer to merge and hike prices (that will be phase II of the acquisition) rather than compete, improve quality of their products and lower prices.

#15     Feb 1, 2006
  6. This seems like a potentially anti-competitive action. Complain to justice.

wastrading, J.D.

#16     Feb 1, 2006
  7. BSAM

BSAM

There goes the neighborhood.....

#17     Feb 1, 2006
  8. QCharts is half dead and need to be taken over. eSignal is now the largest player in the middle market. Who is its competitor now? DTN?

#18     Feb 1, 2006
  9. IMHO low cost providers/ broker feeds is the wave of the future for direct access traders.

I used to use QCharts, Real Tick ,etc. But why pay the fees if you don't have to . IB/Medved Quotetracker combination is equally as good.

It will be interesting to see what Esignal does with QCharts "unlimited symbols" model.

#19     Feb 1, 2006
  10. i would dispute that. i use qcharts. i cant remember the last time i had an outage or any kind of trouble.

#20     Feb 1, 2006