Interactive Brokers worst customer service

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by WeToddDid2, Dec 9, 2016.

1. %%
    NO; but they do send thier ad calenders US mail/LOL.
    Most ETFs use FEDX, or UPS or email; actually i prefer US mail or FEDx ,UPS to email.
    But i've noticed by the time they answer the phone /problems tend to be fixed:caution::caution::caution::caution:

#11     Mar 24, 2021
  2. destriero

destriero

They've lost it. I am not blowing myself here, but as an AI who had held an IB as late as Q1 2020, I wired 1.6MM into IB a couple months ago to a new account. It took them two weeks to approve vol-trading. I had been wired out a week by the time I was approved.

This is a firm that routinely charges above cash-req on verticals. Nobody does that. They are garbage.

I was sued by the OCC in 2002 for RAES crossed-market arbitrage and IB's lawyers handled the case on my behalf--so I've naturally been loyal to the firm for years, but they are simply overwhelmed and inept.

#12     Mar 24, 2021
  3. Sig

Sig

To be fair a few of us have been complaining about their above cash requirement on verticals for years here:sneaky:

I'm familiar with the RAES opportunity but wasn't aware people were sued for it. What was they were suing you for, out of curiosity?

#13     Mar 24, 2021
  4. destriero

destriero

Disgorgement of gains related to the crossed market in multi-venue COMS options. And yeah, I read about the req on verticals here. I wasn't affected.

#14     Mar 24, 2021
  5. Sig

Sig

So they were considering the fact that pricing was different on one market from another as a crossed market as if they were both the same market? That's a novel interpretation.

#15     Mar 24, 2021
  6. destriero

destriero

COMS ATM call was 3.50 bid on PSE and 3.00 offered on PHLX. You could lift the PHLX offer and hit the PSE bid for up to 20. I automated it the second week. About a month in the crossed markets were locked. About two weeks later I got a summons and a D&I subpoena. I don't recall the language in the suit but it was dismissed on day one.

#16     Mar 24, 2021
    eternaldelight likes this.