Interactive Brokers with TWS or Ninjatrader?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by KageRyu, Sep 14, 2011.

1. KageRyu

KageRyu

Hi everyone,

I am a long time lurker, and now member. I have a few questions as I want to open a new trading account and will focus on day trading.

1) What are your experiences/opinions on Interactive Brokers for day trading? If you have other suggestions, please list them.

2) What are your experiences/opinions on using TWS or Ninjatrader with Interactive Brokers?

3) I don't plan on using a margin account for day trading, I'd like to stick with at least $25,000 in cash for now. Any advice regarding day trading in general? I plan on trading mainly stocks/ETFs.

I do have experience with trading stocks/ETFs using Fidelity but I did not like their platform at all. Terrible charting and limited choice of indicators.

2. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

NinjaTrader was conceived out of personal frustration using TWS.

That being said, we have thousands of users who choose to supplement TWS by using NinjaTrader in front of it. At the end of the day, you can connect NinjaTrader to TWS and use it for free for as long as you wish (limited to simulated trading) and you can compare the features/benefits of NinjaTrader over TWS and decide what is best for your type of trading.

3. I`m very happy with NT + IB :)

Some are happy with TWS as well, so you should try it yourself.

Good luck.

4. KageRyu

KageRyu

Thanks for the replies.

I would prefer charting on NT while filing orders through TWS. NT has great library of indicators. Is that feasible or would putting orders through NT be just as fast?

5. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Putting orders through NinjaTrader is faster...that's why I developed it initially ;)