Interactive Brokers will offer crypto trading by the end of the summer

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Daal, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Daal

Daal

Interactive Brokers — seen as the e-broker with some of the most sophisticated clientele — is slated to start trading cryptocurrencies on its platform in the coming months.

“Customers certainly are asking for [crypto trading] and we expect to be ready to offer it to them by the end of the summer,” Interactive Brokers Chairman and CEO Thomas Peterffy said Wednesday at the Piper Sandler Global Exchange & FinTech Conference.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/09/int...-crypto-trading-by-the-end-of-the-summer.html

Very nice but I would like to see they enable crypto transfers as well, pretty much like TradeStation Crypto does

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2021
    Baron, Trader Curt and johnarb like this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Well, there goes another 1.3 million accounts with instant access to bitcoin and other cryptos. This is great news!

With the chairman of IB now embracing crypto trading, I think the "bitcoin is a scam" perspective that so many people have had just vaporized into nothing.

Sprout and johnarb like this.
  3. destriero

destriero

They can't offer any leverage, so I don't see this as anything but a yawn.

johnarb likes this.
  4. I do not think it is a scam but governments will never let it overtake Fiat and become a reserve currency. China wants their version as a reserve and all other players have their own agenda.
    It is a tulip mania (not a scam). When the music stops it will not end well...

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

El Salvador just did.

6. destriero

destriero

lol.

TooEffingOld likes this.
  7. ZBZB

ZBZB

Tulip mania lasted six months and they never came back. Bitcoin has set multiple new highs over a decade and has just formed a higher low.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Sprout, johnarb and Trader Curt like this.
  8. It is a great decision if the government allows doing this.

9. maxinger

maxinger

what is the bid-offer spread going to be like?
    most likely it is going to be very bad.

Already micro BTC futures bid-offer spread is around 10 to 30 ticks wide!

e minis spread is around 1 to 3 ticks.

10. Last time I researched crypto(couple of years ago) there was an unsolved problem with number of transactions that can take place. Has this been solved yet?

#10     Jun 9, 2021