Interactive Brokers vs. Vonage

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by michaelscott, May 10, 2007.

1. airwalk

airwalk Guest

I thought about a trial period with some VoIP, but became scared away from this "free" calls. It seems like quality depends on internet traffic and provider's internal problems, so service can change for no reason. Does anyone here have good experience using VoIP?

#31     May 13, 2007
  2. I'm cheap. Okay, I said it.

I've had Vonage for years. Battled connectivity problems (ISP's fault, not Vonage).

Have had periodic problems with Vonage. I can't sometimes get to my Voicemail. Their marketing website zooms along, but log in and be prepared for dial-up speeds.

I'm thinking of switching, but nothing is pushing me. I hear good things from Broadcom. But we use our home phone so rarely, I may just try Skype or something for a while.

Bottom line for us: If you use the phone rarely, VoIP is fine. If it is your lifeline, and you trust your ISP, you may be alright. If you don't trust your ISP, stick with your local phone company for now.

My $0.02

Oh, one other thing. Their customer service stinks to high heaven. Be prepared to talk to India or China to get anything. I wouldn't call it "help" as that's not the right word.

#32     May 13, 2007
  3. As I said in another thread, it would not surprise me if the ipo signalled the wretched greed & excesss of this markets and coincided with a TOP! :p

Have a look at my "prediction" for this one

#33     May 13, 2007