Interactive Brokers TWS Price Scale Bug

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by xygeek, Nov 25, 2005.

1. samaritan

samaritan Interactive Brokers

BENG, we have not dropped NITE. We route to them when your order is marketable. Non-marketable orders will go to ARCA-EDGE. If you believe that your order was not handled correctly please PM me with order details and I will have a look.

Thanks.

#11     Nov 28, 2005
  2. BENG

BENG

What do you mean by marketable? Market order?

I will never do a market order in bb stocks. If that's the case, it means my order will only go to ARCA. I used to be able to bid and offer with NITE on some bb stocks (not all, please explain to me why this is happening?).

Yes, it's your Canadian IB division told me that IB had dropped NITE, can't remember the guy's name, in case someone here thinks that I'm BSing. You should educate your Canadian IB division.

Yes, I believe my order hasn't been handled properly, because I can't use NITE to bid and offer. Please advise.

Seriously, not being able to use the 4th decimal place is costing you guys some money (not a big market, eh?), as I haven't been able to trade some penny stocks properly. Any timeline for this to be fixed?

What about the other routing gateway for penny stocks, any plan to add some more in the near future?

TIA!

#12     Nov 28, 2005
  3. samaritan

BENG,

Maketable means a market order or a buy limit order that hits the market offer (sell limit order that hits the market bid). The reason we decided to route the non-marketable orders to ARCA-EDGE is because if your order bests the NBBO they will display it in the OTCBB montage provided your order meets the order size tier requirement (i.e. your order is more visible and has a better chance of getting filled).

If you really want your order to sit at NITE we will consider allowing direct routing there.

#13     Nov 28, 2005
  4. samaritan

BENG,

We will have a look at the 4 decimal price issue as well.

#14     Nov 28, 2005
  5. BENG

BENG

Please. I would be very appreciated with that effort. If you guys would allow more direct routing to market makers and fix the 4th decimal places trading, I can guarantee that you will steal a lot of penny stocks business from myTrack and other discount brokers.

#15     Nov 28, 2005
  6. See that, I beleived a poster that NITE had been removed. Made little sense, as you would not want to trade BB's without MM access.

#16     Nov 28, 2005
  7. BENG

BENG

Thanks for fixing the 4th decimal price issues in the new TWS version. Now that if you guys would allow us to route to more places instead of ARCA for bidding and offering, that would be perfect!

#17     Dec 13, 2005