Interactive Brokers TWS Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kensho, Jun 23, 2011.

1. >kostiaOO

Hi,

I'm on 921.5 and I see the 'Advanced Combo Routing' announcement every time I log in. Starting to see it in my sleep!!

Thank you

#51     Feb 3, 2012
  2. I never do an uninstall, just an upgrade. no problem with that in many years.

#52     Feb 6, 2012
  3. Hoi

Hoi

We have it on several accounts as well...

#53     Feb 14, 2012
  4. This new mosiac software is a joke. How could a company spend so much time on something that is so stupidly built?

#54     Feb 14, 2012
  5. Fixed, thanks.

#55     Feb 14, 2012
  6. TWS loses connectivity repeatedly in the 30 mins around the ASX close and HKSE afternoon open.

This is happening every day.

My region is set to Asia, but it doesn't seem to help.

Is there a setting that fixes this?

#56     Feb 15, 2012
  7. def

def Sponsor

Contact CS, they can check to make sure you're on the Asia server and if not, make the change for you this upcoming weekend.

#57     Feb 15, 2012
  8. Thx :)

#58     Feb 15, 2012
  9. def or any other IB rep who reads this...

There is one thing which is really annoying about bug reports. Every time a send a bug report to customer service, and I clearly state that this is just a BUG REPORT, describing how to reproduce it step-by-step and even describing a an immediate workaround(!), customer service contacts me back and wants to fix my specific setup, impliying it would be a problem with my setup instead just acknowledging it as a bug and forwarding it to the development team.

Of course there may be issues where a user reports a bug and in fact it's a problem with his setup.

However, I get the impression that customer service does not even read my tickets carefully and tries to reproduce the bug, BEFORE asking me for log files, trying to fix my setup, and so on.

Of course, there is no option to simply select "bug report" in the ticket subject drop down menu, so I usually end up sending it to the department which seems most appropriate.

Problem with all this is, that a I usually have to be rather rude and end the conversation with something like "No, I don't need an immediate fix for this issue... I have already described a work around in my original posting... it works for me at the moment... please just look into this issue and forward it to the development team, so that it can be fixed in future versions, THANKS!!"

#59     Feb 15, 2012
  10. If my account is moved to the "asia server", does this mean that I will lose connectivity to other markets, at another time of the day?

(This probably would not be a big problem, but I would like to know ahead of time.)

Also -- How would a server move affect my latency?

#60     Feb 16, 2012