Interactive Brokers TWS Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kensho, Jun 23, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Also, the trendlines need to snap to price.

#31     Oct 1, 2011
  2. I would respectfully disagree. :) Yes that would be great if you're only drawing several lines, say on a daily chart. But I can see where it'd become problematic when the chart gets "thick", i.e. lots of crossing TL's and channels.

I guess ideally they could have a TL-snap-to-price option checkbox for each chart.

On another note, I'm getting very concerned that TWS is becoming way too memory-intensive, as my charts and trading window seem to be getting slower and slower. Anybody else feel that way?

#32     Oct 2, 2011
  3. In optiontrader, you change the default multistrike, multi month default setup to one month all strikes and save it. Log on again and you have to do the same again.

edit, this is the latest version 918.9b

#33     Oct 3, 2011
  4. Sorry to go back to this one thing but I wanted to provide an example ...

On the attached chart you could not draw a new horizontal line between the torqoise and gold lines. You would be stuck selecting either one of those lines, with no way to select anything in the space between them.

#34     Oct 3, 2011
  5. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

FYI, I just tried this in latest beta, and it works as expected. We have fixed an issue with similar symptoms in July. Can you please try again and PM me with details if you still have an issue using latest 918/919/920/921+? Thanks.

#35     Oct 25, 2011
  6. Optiontrader is much improved in version 920. Much quicker to move between chains and the problem I had before has been resolved.

#36     Oct 28, 2011
  7. This probably has more to do with Ubuntu and Unity being ridiculous, but if I try to load a chart in TWS in Ubuntu 11.10 (the recent release), the entire TWS app locks up. I'm not sure why. Also, it seems like the CPU utilization goes way up and all my fans turn on.

This was not a problem in 11.04, using Gnome2 and not Unity.

#37     Nov 7, 2011
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Linuxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!! Windows isn't torture enough??

#38     Nov 8, 2011
  9. I've run TWS in 11.10 for awhile (even in Unity) and it seems to work fine. I don't do much in the way of charting with TWS though. You may try Xubuntu 11.10. I've used it since 11.04 when Unity first appeared as the default desktop and it is great. I would not consider going back to GNOME or Unity after using XFCE. I like it even better than GNOME 2.32.

#39     Nov 8, 2011
  10. I reinstalled kubuntu and the 15-second charts are broken and cause lockups, even on a different variant of Ubuntu. Something broke on the way to 11.10, and I'm not sure it has anything to do with IB's code, something about Ubuntu's new release causes the 15-sec chart lockup.

It's only the 15-sec charts. The 2-min, 5min, etc, they all work.

#40     Nov 9, 2011