Interactive Brokers stealing a few cents from everyone?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by samovar, May 28, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

IB won't allow weekend log in?

#31     May 29, 2010
  2. Closed Saturdays. Not sure what time you can log in on Sundays, I think it's mid afternoon sometime.

#32     May 29, 2010
  3. this person has a major attitude problem. time for ignore...

#33     May 29, 2010
  4. NumLock

NumLock

just don't expect me to lose any sleep over it :cool:

I got "attitude" problem because I am free man and speak my mind

something a cubical slave like you don't understand

#34     May 29, 2010
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Didn't know that. I do work Saturdays sometimes in the Office, and often need to log in.

Seems like some guys like (I didn't say love) IB, while others hate IB. The debate rages on...

As for the OP, if IB is really shaving pennies, that isn't going to go over well when the outstanding, genius talking heads at CNBC get ahold of that. Are you in a position where you can have a 3rd party audit what you bring them on IB? I'm curious about this one. Hope it isn't true... With the volume they run through ed, 1-2 cents per account/trade would be massive. Especially if it's been going on for a while!:eek: Hope that isn't the case with them.

#35     May 29, 2010
  6. #36     May 30, 2010
  7. NumLock

NumLock

#37     May 30, 2010
  8. I just logged on to TWS without a problem. Of course none of the markets I look at are open now.

#38     May 30, 2010
  9. Specterx

Specterx

Probably a result of dividends and/or interest calculations. Far as I know these are recorded out beyond the second decimal place, and the numbers are rounded off for presentation to the user.

Otherwise, you can always compare your records line-by-line to the account statements/trade confirms provided by IB to find the source of the 'leakage,' and of course confront IB with the problem. That is, if you think a couple bucks a year (at most) is worth the effort.

#39     May 30, 2010
  10. NumLock

NumLock

I managed to log in here is how it works

[​IMG]

#40     May 30, 2010