Interactive Brokers stealing a few cents from everyone?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by samovar, May 28, 2010.

1. zdreg

zdreg

this should be a lesson to you.
    no good deed goes unpunished (especially on ET).

#21     May 29, 2010
  2. NumLock

NumLock

notice how you guys are calling me an idiot without calling me a liar

because you can't

I am right and you all know it.

When I call someone an idiot. I explain why.

When you guys call me an idiot. You suggest alternatives to IB but you can't say that I lied about LAST price trigger.

Because you can't.

SUckers :cool:

In reality by stealing from people IB probably manages to keep commissions low so that's one good thing about it........I guess

With other firms you get less slippage but maybe higher commissions

#22     May 29, 2010
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

I really don't have a dog in this fight. However, with all of the orders IB routes per day, 1-2 cents per trade/customer would be huge. Not good if true (i.e., more negative financial press...)

I would go through the TWS guide with a fine tooth comb if this were happening to me. Then intelligently (having evidence in hand), bring it to IB's attention.

#23     May 29, 2010
  4. NumLock

NumLock

Evidence is already presented on this thread

here it is again

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...nfiguretws/modify_the_stop_trigger_method.htm

LAST PRICE TRADED DEFINED

For a buy (sell) order to be triggered:

• One last price value must be greater than (less than) or equal to the trigger price

• The exchange or other market center where the order is to be executed must also publish (and the system must also receive) an ask price equal to or higher than, and a bid price equal to or lower than, the trigger price.

• Last must be within the bid/ask (i.e. >=bid and <= ask) or within leeway percentage outside the bid/ask (i.e. >=bid-0.5% of last and <=ask+0.5% of last)

Note: The Last method has leeway to trigger up to 0.5% above the ask price or up to 0.5% below the bid price. This 0.5% amount of leeway is subject to change at any time without notice.

No other legit broker in the world has this BS as definition for last price traded. This slows down the execution just enough to get slippage against you

#24     May 29, 2010
  5. NumLock

NumLock

back in the day when IB was fair 2 years ago definition for LAST traded price was

For a buy (sell) order to be triggered:

• One last price value must be greater than (less than) or equal to the trigger price

No fuss, No muss, fair and square. Back in the day.

#25     May 29, 2010
  6. Bob111

Bob111

listen...i don't like a lot of things in IB...at any given day i can name at least 10 bugs in any current TWS...for the last 5 years i can contact and report anything TWS related directly to Ib's management...while you keep blabbing about this insurance nonsense or your favored last price trigger i'm actually helping traders and developers..but there is a lot of room for improvement..and not always things are going the way we like..why i'm saying all this nonsense? for one and only reason..LEARN HOW TO ADAPT...if i was you and i don't 't like the this trigger method-i would come up with my own piece of software and let it handle it. i've done this in the past..or there is an easier option for you-go away..i already show you at least two brokers..

#26     May 29, 2010
  7. NumLock

NumLock

You don't understand Bob, (by the way bob is such a commoner name I hope its not your real name)

It doesn't matter that smart people can do a work-around IB's definition of LAST trigger.

Most people are not smart enough to do a work-around.

It's like saying mafia runs club A ........so go to club B

therefore there is nothing wrong with club A

false logic

bad assumptions

#27     May 29, 2010
  8. NumLock

NumLock

and Bob (ugh what an ugly name)

Why are you Bob defending Interactive Brokers. Where are IB representatives?

#28     May 29, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

i'm not defending anybody..use search...i don't even care,if IB is "stealing" few cents from me..i made a lot of money with them...i can afford that..
    you can also use search for Ib reps here..
    btw-long weeekend..even for IB reps..
    OP and you....both just making some statements without any proof,screen shots, etc...show us how Ib is stealing from you..please..

#29     May 29, 2010
  10. NumLock

NumLock

I was just waiting for you to say that. Don't worry proof is coming
    I can't log into my accounts today IB won't allow it. Tomorrow I'll post proof.

If you think I am gonna bail out and not see this thread to the end.

Think Again

#30     May 29, 2010