Interactive Brokers stealing a few cents from everyone?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by samovar, May 28, 2010.

1. NumLock

NumLock

Can you please let me know of any legitimate ECN broker that has 100 k insurance.

I am serious I could use another broker. thanks

#11     May 28, 2010
  2. Samovar - You need to do a daily reconciliation of your account and state specifically what line in IB's daily statement is off. Just saying there's a difference won't cut it. Exactly what line item contains the difference? Is it sales/purchases, interest, dividends, or what?

I track my forex transactions to the fifth decimal as reported in TWS. Yet I find differences with the daily statement because the banks executing the trades often report to beyond five degits.

#12     May 28, 2010
  3. LeeD

LeeD

Do you imply I am an IB representative? Or do I miss the point of your post entirely?

#13     May 28, 2010
  4. NumLock

NumLock

I appreciate you trying to help Zdreg, I should probably let you know that I am very smart person and already thought of your suggestion.

The way I day trade the only price trigger method that works for me is LAST TRADED PRICE

LAST traded price, (not bid ask, high low bullshit)

LAST traded price should mean exactly what it means to every other broker in the world

With IB you get Slower execution just enough to get that 1 tick slippage always against you

before this rule IB slippage was 50/50 half the time it was in your favor.

Now it is never in your favor. Somebody is pocketing the change

#14     May 28, 2010
  5. Bob111

Bob111

#15     May 28, 2010
  6. How dare you call these people shills and twats when they are clearly imbeciles and dingleberries.

#16     May 28, 2010

7. Yes, just reading dumblock's posts I can see you are right. Please someone, give him the name of another broker so he can leave IB to those with at least half a brain.

#17     May 28, 2010
  8. NumLock

NumLock

Thank you for pointing out genesis and MB have SIPC insurance

But you are still an idiot

For a very simple reason that I will spell out.

I should not have to look for a loop hole to get IB to give me legit LAST TRADED PRICE trigger. It should be given when I select LAST traded price as trigger.

I should not have to look for a loop hole to get IB to give me legit LAST TRADED PRICE trigger. It should be given when I select LAST traded price as trigger.

And to make matters worse. None of the other trigger methods IB offers mimic lightening fast original LAST traded price trigger.

#18     May 28, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

this is what you typically receive in respond on ET,when you trying to help someone you don't know..wasting your own time to find links and other info..
    good luck to you in your trading career...

#19     May 28, 2010
  10. Yep. Dumblock is the correct name.

Dumblock ... find another broker. IB sure doesn't need you and we, the other ib customers, would be happy to see you fxck off somewhere else.

#20     May 28, 2010