Interactive Brokers Smart Routing

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by directionless, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Bob111

Bob111

:p :p :p do you want me to bring T&S and particular executions examples? yes, 99% of time when your order executed as "smart" you do get price improvement. by 0.001 or less :p

i stay with my statement above..when you get an execution from smart-it's usually followed by trade at better price. i guess i'm just jealous..to be fair-you can exclude "smart" from routing.oh well...

#31     Dec 19, 2011
  2. def

def Sponsor

you should direct your complaint to the HFT's and yes, send me a PM and back up that IB/TH is in the other side of your trade - complete nonsense other than pure chance.

#32     Dec 19, 2011
  3. Bob111

Bob111

i did not said that IB executions aren't fair and i'm not sure why Def was saying that my statement was false..one more time-very often i see on slow moving stocks that once i tried to buy at ask and got fill from smart-very next trade(which might be right after my fill,in same second -happened at higher price). could be coincidence that i happens to see a lot of times..like i said many years ago-looks like IB does have an access to the order flow or some other data that allow them to trade against you(or buy\sell from their inventory),but there is nothing wrong or illegal about it.

#33     Dec 19, 2011
  4. Bob111

Bob111

Def-what does it mean,when in trades, executions it says "SMART'"?
    where did i bought the stock? i understand,when it says "ARCA" or "Island" or "BATS"(even island is not exist anymore for like few years),but what about "Smart"

or you order executed as "smart" and it says so in trades window, but the execution itself was not shown in T&S and did not reflect last price in TWS and did not change volume of the stock. Then who is on other side of my execution?
    i'm hallucinating or something? :p

Thank you!

#34     Dec 19, 2011
  5. Options12

Options12 Guest

Def what do you mean when you say "nor that it is mentioned in routing docs sent to regulators?" What is "it" here?

Thank you in advance.

#35     Dec 19, 2011
  6. def

def Sponsor

I guess I jumped the gun then because I'm not sure what this means then as you say "Smart is not so smart. it's only smart and fast when fill your order from Ib's inventory. mostly to sell it immediately after that at higher price."

That - and you know it - is not true. You say IB is not SMART but the execution statistics, which are independently audited, say otherwise. Your comment states we internalize stock orders. We don't.

#36     Dec 19, 2011
  7. Options12

Options12 Guest

But if, by chance, you or your sister affiliates do take the other side an IB customer order, can the IB customer get disclosure on such an event?

#37     Dec 19, 2011
  8. Why do you care? Is the fill tainted in some way? Taxed higher maybe? Maybe you should immediately bail from the trade, since IB would only sell you a stock about to go lower, right? They would keep all their 'inventory' to sell at the high of the day, not give it away to a customer.

Worry more about the co located hft scammers, less about your broker.

#38     Dec 19, 2011
  9. Options12

Options12 Guest

For starters I definitely try to make sure I care when someone keeps asking 'why do you care?'

I know you really like IB. I have learned that in other threads that you have participated in. That's fine with me.

#39     Dec 19, 2011
  10. Nice that you follow me so closely, but I didn't miss the fact that you didn't answer the question.

#40     Dec 19, 2011