Interactive Brokers Rude Customer Service

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by surfer25, Mar 8, 2011.

1. An API is coming within 6 weeks.

#21     Mar 11, 2011
  2. Bob111

Bob111

not even close to amount of products IB offers

#22     Mar 11, 2011
  3. That isn't who their high-val customers are calling. They're calling a guy in Greenwich who matters. And maybe having lunch with him.

#23     Mar 11, 2011
  4. Mr. King are you doing business with IB?

#24     Mar 11, 2011
  5. I watched Wallstreet original edition and Wallstreet Money Never Sleeps. And what was interesting is how times have changed. Namely back then your trades depended on who you knew. Now with electronic trading all of that has changed.

So if your buddies are paying more because well they would not get "respect" then I definitely do not want to place my money with them and want to trade against them.

5 years ago I opened an IB account and called Switzerland directly. And the lady asked me, "you know we only want people who make money. Are you able to make money?"

You might say, "wow such a rude question." But in hindsight I know why. People who expect to have their butts kissed are also ones who are likely to blow up. And IB does not want blow up artists. IB wants money makers and 5 years later I am still with them making money!

IB is neither overly friendly nor overly rude. IB is IB and that is a tool for professional traders. After all where else can you put on a carry trade like the "big shops"

#25     Mar 11, 2011
  6. Exactly... imo yet another future's trading shop... I prefer having my money with somebody like IB where I know I will have access to the money tomorrow.

#26     Mar 11, 2011
  7. I have experience highly relevant to the question at hand.

#27     Mar 11, 2011
  8. joe4422

joe4422

You'll get better service with the live chat feature. I always use that.

#28     Mar 11, 2011
  9. I think their chart speaks loads.

They are losing about 20 cents a share.

Funny I got a solicitation from them yesterday. I guess they've forgotten the two times they told me to close my account when I called because I was frozen out of their work station. Bastards!!!!!!!

#29     Mar 12, 2011
  10. muller

muller

for the 2 years I am with IB I contacted customer service several times about several issues via mail or chat and one time via phone.
    They were always polite and helpful.
    One time though it took 2 weeks til I got a mail reply. (It wasn't urgent anyway)

When I was starting trading at Etrade, customer service (New Yorkers) were really rough and rude in their talking. But still they were helpful. Except for that one margin call - that was a uniquely friendly call. I could feel like I was on my way to the electric chair with all those friendly and comforting people around me - but then "die you fucker!".

At least these two brokerages never cheated me off of money (or tried to) like Ameritrade and Choicetrade did. But the amounts were always small enough so it wouldn't be worth calling a lawyer.
    In my opinion that's worse than just rude talking.

#30     Mar 12, 2011