Interactive Brokers Ranked No. 1 Software-Based Online Broker by Barron's

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve_IB, Mar 7, 2005.

1. DaveN

DaveN

Not anymore. It was just a little bit of trivial reminiscing I suppose. Kind of a way to support that I was an early customer. I'm really just elaborating on the point that I've been with them for quite a while.

Back when they first started retail, the accounts were sequential. I didn't know this until I met several of the IB reps at the Online Traders Expo in Anaheim back in 1998. One of them asked me my account number, then told me the story. By that summer, they were already well into the tens of thousands of accounts. Of course, that was the heyday...

My latest account, of course, is a universal account. The number is in the hundreds of thousands. But I'm not sure that has any sequential significance any longer.

#21     Mar 14, 2005
  2. foe

foe

congrats

#22     Mar 15, 2005
  3. congratulations from this satisfied customer.

Ds

#23     Mar 15, 2005
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Hey, we all bitch time to time and, I hope, its understandable. But, ... overall, you guys are good! Keep it up, just don't get cocky on us :)

#24     Mar 15, 2005
  5. congrats IB, well deserved.

and TWS rocks.

just lower commissions a bit more. thanks. :)

#25     Mar 23, 2005
  6. baubo

baubo

One more IB advantage: You can choose your base currency (except in IRA accounts which must be in $USD). If you open the account with Swiss franks, then any funds not invested at the moment are in franks.

#26     Mar 25, 2005
  7. Congratulations IB. A Great Service combined with Sierrachart for display and NinjaTrader for execution.

And you can choose to use the host in Hong Kong to speed up your access to Asian markets.

#27     Mar 25, 2005
  8. 7thdim

7thdim

Does IB always put their first client a terrible waiting period , especially when the first client already send their funds in IB's bank ? Yes it is a simple complaint about IB. We sent our funds to them for a week ago. They accept our funds before our address verificiation. Now they put us in a terrible waiting period. SO what can we do ? JUST WAITING ??? NO GIVE BACK to our valued time.
    DOnt assume that this thread will only publishing on here. Believe it or not, it will publish on more than 1500 financial forums on various languages. REPLY it and give us our rights.

#28     May 13, 2005
  9. Mel346

Mel346

Congratulations from a satisfied customer for 6 years!!!

#29     May 13, 2005
  10. You guys and girls over there are doing an awesome job

#30     May 13, 2005