Interactive Brokers Ranked No. 1 Software-Based Online Broker by Barron's

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve_IB, Mar 7, 2005.

1. "Interactive Brokers Ranked No. 1 Software-Based Online Broker by Barron's "

"Software based"? What happened to "Direct Access"? Oh well...its Barron's.

OH! and does this mean we dont have to listen to Tradestation tout their #1 rating in every other commercial?? wahoo:cool:

#11     Mar 8, 2005
  2. liulala

liulala

Cong! IB really deserve the honor.

IB is great for the low fee, however still rooms to improve order execution.

#12     Mar 9, 2005
  3. McCloud

McCloud

Congratulations...IB is light years ahead compare to the rest of the pack imo!

#13     Mar 9, 2005

4. I don't know what you're talking about. I think IB's order execution is great. I've been with them a couple of years now, and I've never had a problem with IB's execution. If anything, I'd have to say by my experience of being with two other brokers that IB's fills are lightning fast and there has been several times I even got price improvement.

:confused:

#14     Mar 9, 2005
  5. BSAM

BSAM

I don't get what he is talking about, either. I've had to throw water onto my monitor twice recently to cool the damn thing off! IB fills FAST.

#15     Mar 9, 2005
  6. liulala

liulala

I get a few bad fills recently, especially market order for NYSE stock.

#16     Mar 9, 2005
  7. I agree that IB well deserves this recognition. The TWS software with features such as API, book trader and now market scanners is really an incredible package. I am happy to repay IB with many many trades each day! Thanks and please keep it up.

#17     Mar 11, 2005
  8. --- executions are, with rare exceptions, exellent.

#18     Mar 11, 2005
  9. DaveN

DaveN

IB, congrats! This is well deserved. I've had various retail accounts with you since Oct 1997 (account number ~1100, I believe :) ) when you just started retail. It's been a real pleasure watching you grow and the TWS evolve.

What I like best is your attitude of innovation. I've always felt like you were going to push for and pass on the pricing as well as new features for my trading. I appreciate and value that philosophy!

#19     Mar 14, 2005
  10. What the need you had to reveal yourself to them in such
    way. Do they get counted?

#20     Mar 14, 2005