Interactive Brokers.........Part II

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Sterling, Jan 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. def

i am not sure whose post talked about this issue but i am having the same problem with the time of execution that appears on my execution report. it is five hours ahead of the actual trade time.

on-on

#21     Jan 31, 2001
  2. def

def Sponsor

thought I replied to this...
    Are you trading in the states? If not, your system clock may be the culprit or the trades might be reported to you in US time. (make sure the time zone and time are correct on your computer by double clicking on the time on your computer (probably lower right corner) and then checking the time and the time zone.

If you say are trading in NY and your times are wrong after trying my above suggestion, you should send the output to help@interactivebrokers.com where someone can try to track down your problem.

#22     Feb 1, 2001
  3. def

def Sponsor

#23     Feb 1, 2001
  4. rfoulk

rfoulk

Execution Times

It's an odd misfeature of IB's TWS that it logs trades in local time rather than market time. It seems to simply use your system's clock. :-(

Don't know why they do that.

Richard

#24     Feb 1, 2001
  5. BSAM

BSAM

IB is using GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). Sure would be nice if they would use market time (EST)!!!

#25     Feb 1, 2001
  6. bsam

thanks for that info. i am suprised def keeps telling us to go to the company or that our systems clocks are corrupt.

on-on

#26     Feb 3, 2001
  7. def

def Sponsor

greatballs,
    I haven't checked this with the NY office I thus was reporting what I have observe. When I do trade on the HKFE my time reported on my statment/TWS is local time. That's why I asked where he was trading from. Perhaps I am wrong. I'll look into it and repost.

#27     Feb 3, 2001
  8. def

thanks. as long as i know what time we are using i can adjust accordingly.

on-on

#28     Feb 4, 2001
  9. thomas

thomas

Hi guys,

I have been following all the theads on IB and from what I have been reading, it seems IB is a pretty decent outfit. I also have been trying out their Java based TWS demo. I do remember seeing several posts reporting that from time to time Bid & Ask's Price & Size disappearing. I thought that was bizzare until it happend to me! When this happens I cannot get order confirmation (green) or cancellation (red). This has been happening regulary (about 2 to 3 times during market hours). Since there are many users who report that they have no problems, I'm thinking that the problem is at my end. Could it be the bandwidth? I'm on 56K modem connection, although I don't notice slowness. I don't thinks it's CPU or memory since I have a laptop with 650 MHz and 512 MB RAM. I'm running on Windows 98 with IE version 5.0. I have no problem logging into demo using IE 5.0 although I see from IB web page that they recommend upgrading to V5.5. Should I be using NT instead? I am running QCharts along side with TWS. Maybe this problem only occurs on demo? I was going to sign up with IB until this happened, and it's rather disturbing. I would hate to get stuck on open positions when/if I go live with IB's TWS. Could anyone shed some light on this? I think I babbled a bit and thanks in advance for any info.

#29     Mar 4, 2001
  10. BSAM

BSAM

thomas

The demo leaves people with false impressions. I had the same doubts when I first started looking at Interactive Brokers. Please do bear in mind that ALL brokers occasionally have problems. Qcharts with IB's Java TWS works very well. You do need to upgrade to I.E. 5.5. Your 56K modem will do great (regardless of what you may have read here to the contrary)! Overall, in my opinion, IB is the best. If you open your account with them, I think you'll be very pleased.

BSAM

#30     Mar 4, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.