Interactive Brokers order limit???

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Hitnruntrader, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Has anyone seen this with IB.

They have a maximum of 15 orders pending per side.

This is the worst rule ever. Insane. I have to cancel orders all the time.

I need to replace them after and am so far down the q.

How can they possibly have a rule so stupid. I mean 15 orders?????

This is insane? Do they not want us to trade???

2. Yes, I had to deal with it. I'm sure there's something you can do about it though.

3. western

western

I just entered 20 buy orders on my screen and they went through just fine. Must be a setting you can change.

4. The rule is no more then 15 buy or sell orders on one instrument.

Example if you wanted to have 15 bids on the ES at different prices, it wont let you.

Brutal rule. If any of you know how to bypass this please tell me how.

Feel free to pm me.

Also if anyone at IB wishes to comment that would be great.

Thank you.

5. Bob111

Bob111

why do you need 15 orders on same security?
    to trade or to bluff? shouldn't be a problem,when handled by API. just keep adjust them around the price.price is moving-so your pyramid.

6. Thanks for the response.

I am not using an api although in the future I will be. I know for sure manually you cannot place more then 15. Thing is this never used to be like that. This is new.

Do you know if you are able to place more with the api?

For now I need to know how to manually place more then 15 without using an api but need as much info for future reference.

Someone from IB respond please.

7. Bob111

Bob111

separate account? sub account on same account? i can try to place 15 or more with API and sub account away from market. give me the security
    feel your pain. IB is well known for changing the rules constantly without even notifying the customers about it.

8. Specterx

Specterx

Seems like it'd be faster and easier to contact IB customer service directly rather than wait for a response via ET...

9. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I thought about that myself. There are clients of many brokers here at ET that ask questions of other traders, but don't try to contact their broker directly. Or, they did and were not offered clarity.

That's sad......Bob