Interactive Brokers or Lightspeed?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GetBusyLiving, Nov 21, 2009.

1. jumper

jumper

Just wish that Lightspeed would allow more customization of hot keys. They hard code a lot of keys and makes it slower for my way of trading (scalping)

#11     Nov 21, 2009
  2. TraderSU -- do you place orders with IB, through IB's API, using NT's SuperDOM or Chart Trader? I want to do that and I'm wondering about reliability and speed -- any feedback would be much appreciated.

I'm currently using NT's charts with IB data, using IB's API, but placing all trades directly with IB through TWS. I would like to use NT to enter and manage trades.

Thanks.

#12     Nov 22, 2009
  3. cstfx

cstfx

Just so you are aware, IB states on their website that orders placed thru the API are not eligible for non-bundled rates, only the .005 flat rate. If that's an issue.

#13     Nov 22, 2009
  4. Thanks for that note.

Still hoping for some feedback on my original question . . . anyone?

#14     Nov 22, 2009
  5. I've had two accounts with IB. I closed them because each time I was frozen out of my account by the TWS. When I asked for help, each time a rude skunk told me to just close my account. Nothing was ever wrong with their platform.

I haven't had an account at Lightspeed and was going to open one when the financial meltdown started. Didn't know what the reprocussions with LS would be. Their platform was a lot harder for me to get use to.

Goodl luck.

#15     Nov 22, 2009
  6. ionized

ionized

I'm new to direct ecn, and Lightspeed is the first I've used so I have little to compare with. However, my opinion of it so far is that LS is the most customizable software I have yet seen. You can build custom hot keys that do just about anything, and map these to any custom made order that you want. Of course, maybe they don't have the options you are specifically looking for, but since you didn't state them I would not know. And even if you did state them, I might not know since I'm a LS noob still lol

#16     Jan 21, 2010