Interactive Brokers Mobile Trader

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by 1flyfisher, Jun 2, 2008.

1. I've used Mobile Trader on the Motorola Q-- its bare bones, but useful in a pinch. Does anyone know how to opt out of using the security card to log in to mobile trader? If I forget my card, I can't log in on the road.

#21     Sep 10, 2008
  2. appybase

appybase

Now I am able to use IB on iPhone without any problems. 4 weeks back I had a real problem. May be 2-3 days 4 weeks back when I tried was a real bad time to try.

Any way, I successfully logged in few times yesterday and today and no problems. No session lost or any of those cryptic message.

I wish they improve the product but in its basic form it is still very useful as a backup.

Appy

#22     Sep 10, 2008
  3. I think most would just use this as a backup if the power goes out and for remote access. No brokers mobile platform is how you want to actively trade from on a regular basis. It would just give me the opportunity to get away from my trading desk and keep in touch with the markets and monitor a long term portfolio and execute a few swing/long-term trades.....just to initiate a few trades every now and then.

#23     Oct 20, 2008
  4. It would of been nice for it get a few new features, but its been like this for years.

#24     Oct 21, 2008
  5. IF E-trade and Ameritrade can make it work IB should also. I guess they just don't care.
    E-trade uses Blackberry
    Ameritrade uses I-phone.

Right now You can't pick a smart phone because it may or may not work and IB gives you no guidance as to phones.

IB needs to cut a deal with one of them I-phone or Blackberry and get their software working with something.

#25     Oct 29, 2008
  6. Quark

Quark

I never have trouble connecting when I'm on a wi-fi or 3G connection using my 2nd gen iPhone.

On the Edge network, it's much more hit and miss. I've only used it once to trade an option, but I find it useful to get current ES quotes when I'm on the road.

I'd LOVE to see an iPhone version. Specialized web sites designed for the iPhone are usually intuitive and easy to navigate.

#26     Oct 29, 2008
  7. appybase

appybase

iPhone.

I realized what the problem is after few days.

If I am logged in client app on my desktop and then if I try to log in on mobile app, it gives me cryptic message instead of saying that I am connected to client app... but now I know what happened. I think I later on posted in my thread that it works now.

I wish IB put out appropriate message in a situation where I am already logged in using client app and then later on try to log in using mobile app.

#27     Mar 26, 2009
  8. snooze

snooze

Used the Mobile Trader on a ATT 8525 smart phone running Windows Mobile 6.0 and the default IE browser on 3G network. Worked fine.

snooze

#28     Mar 27, 2009
  9. xxanadu3

xxanadu3

I have a blackberry and trade with Ameritrade. I use marketsimplified app. they have some useful features like streaming quotes, tech charts, news and I havent faced any issues while trading thru the app.

#29     May 19, 2009