Interactive Brokers Mobile Trader

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by 1flyfisher, Jun 2, 2008.

1. I have a better idea, how about telling your development team to actually MAKE MOBILE TRADER WORK? I am not even talking about adding new features, just make the damn thing work with a standard smartphone running windows mobile + opera/ie browser.

It's unbelievable in this day and age, a leading brokerage firm has such a shit program for mobile trading - specifcally one that does not work at all. Look at your competitions optionsxpress, etrade, tos etc...they are all light years ahead with their mobile platforms.

very frustrating.

#11     Jun 12, 2008
  2. GTC

GTC

Which brokerage firm's mobile trader can display charts? Is Thinkorswim the only one?

#12     Jun 12, 2008
  3. TRS

TRS

My thoughts as well. My concern is if I was connected to TWS when a major disturbance occurred my end( power outage etc), would I still be considered by TWS to be logged in to the trade interface? If so, I wouldn't be able to access second trade interface ie- Mobile Trader.
    Logically, I would imagine you are considered to be logged out of TWS?

#13     Jun 19, 2008
  4. appybase

appybase

I have tried at least 20 times in last 3 days but I was able to successfully log in only 2 twice. And out of two times, one time I lost session in under a minute.

I have iPhone and use Safari.

Reading at others post on this topic... it seems no point calling IB support.

At least IB should stop or take off Mobile app if it is not working for so many people.

If this were to happen in my company (we have enterprise level mobile app), our CEO will be sitting on all the developers head until the problem is fixed completely.

#14     Aug 13, 2008
  5. #15     Aug 13, 2008
  6. flbum

flbum

I'm a little late to this party, but... I have used the IB Mobile Trader many times. I count on it whenever I'm on the road for trading stocks / ETFs. I seldom have any problem logging in with it. When I do, I just try once again. Although it seems to work consistently for me, I feel that there is an awful lot of room for it to grow. It is VERY basic. I can get a top of book quote, place a simple order to a subset of the available exchanges, determine my account status, portfolio, and order status. That's about it. No charts, market depth, and other bells and whistles. I find that I have to navigate the same menu sequences repeatedly due to limited linkages in the menu structure. The 10 minute timeout can be quite annoying. It wasn't so bad before the security code was required. However, now it is a real drag. I use a Sprint Mogul Pocket PC to run IB Mobile Trader. It works for me, but I would gladly welcome some feature enhancements.

#16     Aug 21, 2008
  7. I have been using IB's Mobile Trader daily for several years. It works perfectly on my Blackberry and Motorola V8. I recommend using it in conjunction with Opera Mini, which among other things makes it possible to re-log on without having to retype one's username and password (if you don't use the secure code option.)

I have absolutely no complaints about Mobile Trader. It's as simple as it should be and allows me to trade any security from anywhere.

My only request would be that the user be allowed to customize their own watchlist for the home page. In addition to ES, NQ, YM, and ESTX50, it would be great to have ZB, ZN, DAX, GBL, EUR, CL and a few others all in real time on the same page, all refreshable with one click. Ideally the contracts would have live links so as to allow the user to put on a trade from the home page with one click. Something like quote.mobi in real time essentially.

#17     Sep 10, 2008
  8. I'm thinking of getting an iPhone so I spent an hour playing with one at the Apple store the other day. I can confirm I had no problem accessing my IB account multiple times and placing trades, etc. with Safari on a 3G iPhone. I typed https://www.interactivebrokers.com/wml in Safari and it all worked smoothly.

#18     Sep 10, 2008
  9. mynd66

mynd66

What type of strategy do you guys use that works on a phone? I mean its hard enough to view multiple charts, change settings, see indicators, maybe throw in a bracket order etc... I mean unless your trading off of news. It just seems hard enough to be profitable behind a big computer let alone using a little pda. I'm relativley new at trading and learning as I go but I got a nice little room with a big screen. Im just starting to suck a little less. I can only imagine trying to trade on a phone... kiss my $$ goodbye!

#19     Sep 10, 2008
  10. Corelio

Corelio

I use IB mobile trader on my Treo PDA to monitor my positions when I'm away from my trading desk. I have never had a problem.

I don't use it to actively trade, but only to have it as a backup and to follow the market on the go.

I have also placed trades with it and also never had a problem....be it futures, options and stocks.

#20     Sep 10, 2008