Interactive Brokers Launches $400,000 Electronic Trading Olympiad for Colleges

Discussion in 'Events' started by def, Sep 26, 2005.

1. If you consider the prize (it amounts at a good trade result) you get for revealing your winnning strategy/system sounds a bit like a rip off to me.

At least consider doubling those prizes.

#11     Sep 26, 2005
  2. Why don't those of you who think IB is "ripping off" the contestants by paying them $400K, simply start your own contest, and pay more?

OldTrader

#12     Sep 26, 2005
  3. I am tempted to enroll at least one of my brothers who is in undergrad whilst I am part-time grad. I can throw an automated bone into the pot since college fees are hefty. I will soon have to support 3 of my siblings in college whilst being in college myself. SUX... Is it worth it? I think so. If IB screws it up, well, at least I will still have several others in the bag... College is expensive these days... Also kind of curious about the metrics they will use to measure the program aside from return...

#13     Sep 26, 2005
  4. ig0r

ig0r

haha cute, too bad I'm a freshman :(

#14     Sep 26, 2005
  5. Choad

Choad

I just got a cool IB ballcap in the mail today!

Anybody else get one?

Hey, I deserve it - I've paid about $20K in commish the last few years! (yeah I know, I'm a piker) :p

#15     Sep 26, 2005
  6. If I were in this contest, I'd create a bot that maximized on one dimension... like a bull market only trend follower..... or a reversion to mean trader. Then I'd lever the hell out of it and hope that lightning struck.

#16     Sep 26, 2005
  7. paradox

paradox

Well for the rest of us, at least we will now have access to a more realistic paper trading account in order to test out our API programs.

#17     Sep 27, 2005
  8. moonpi

moonpi

Do you have to open and fund a real account to get access to paper trading/ api practice. I'd do the contest but I havent been majoring in comp sci since freshman year.

#18     Sep 27, 2005
  9. No you can download the demo.

Mind you cannot access the full capabilities api and platform offer for real.

Prices are also delayed 20mins.

#19     Sep 27, 2005
  10. encourage your kids to be hip-hop singers.
    they will stand a better chance of making it than being a trader.
    did ib contribute to the katrina and rita's disasters??

#20     Sep 27, 2005