Interactive Brokers just removed $100,000+ from my account

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by FLfutures, Nov 28, 2016.

1. FLfutures

FLfutures

Spoke with customer service: It is a "known issue." No info as to when it will be fixed, nor why IB did not send e-mail, regarding the issue.

Meanwhile, I missed trading opportunities, while trying to remedy above.

I've had IB accounts for 10+ years, but this is very disturbing.

I will go to CFTC, Exchanges, as well as my attorney, by tomorrow morning, at the latest, unless remedied.

Anybody else have this problem today?

VPhantom likes this.
  2. algofy

algofy

What?? Never heard of anything like that. IB is reputable, I'm sure they will fix it ASAP.

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Was the money wired or journaled from your account? Where did it say it went on your sheets?

VPhantom likes this.
  4. That's troubling to hear. IB is an inconsistent broker. Their margin requirements change almost everyday; it's mind boggling.

VPhantom and gkishot like this.
  5. Without screenshots, there's no way to know what's going on. OP could be misreading/misunderstanding his statement.

6. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed, this is very disturbing if it is real money they made "go away" from your live account. A "known issue"? What the heck is a known issue about 6 figures of cash vanishing from a trading account? You sure this is what happened? No confusion?

VPhantom likes this.
  7. koolaid

koolaid

Jesus.. IB is a reputable broker...OP could be an idiot and misread his statements. ..or he was probably a victim of some phishing scams and gave away his log-ins and is now blaming IB...what's IB going to do with his 100k? it's pennies to them.

8. FLfutures

FLfutures

UPDATE
    Funds were returned to account, after about an hour, from when I first noticed it missing. Still no explanation, nor apology. I have not wired money in, nor out of account in months; trading today was light, with net P/L + about $2,300. Probably would have been slightly higher, except I refrained from trading the final hour, and tried to straighten the missing funds.

VPhantom likes this.
  9. FLfutures

FLfutures

Re above questions/comments: I've been trading almost every day for 40 years; mostly futures. I rarely trade less than 100 sides per day; sometimes 1,000 plus. There was no statement to mis-read; my TE was $100k lower, from "Account," which I keep open, on one of my 12 LCD screens; several for IB; most of Sierra Charts. I did check in "Trades," if someone an execution had a really bad price, but not the case.

I'd guess some programmer made an error in updating something. There should be code that prevents that. But since I was told immediately after speaking to customer support that it was a "known issue," IB could have sent me an e-mail immediately. There are other times, when for less impt items, they e-mail.

VPhantom and propwarrior like this.
  10. comagnum

comagnum

hmmm, first the dude is missing $100k - now he gloats over how he only made $2,300 today - and would have made more if not for this issue. Sounds a bit like a long con.

#10     Nov 28, 2016
    koolaid and p0box4 like this.