Interactive Brokers is going PUBLIC !!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tradingkevin, Apr 14, 2007.

1. more like IB will be doing the buying. Remember they wanted to buy Refco's assets.

Successtrade? hehe I hope that's a joke.

#21     Apr 24, 2007
  2. Babak

Babak

kinda hard since they are only selling 5% to the public with Petterfy keeping 95%

#22     Apr 24, 2007
  3. ROTFLMAO :D :p

You are also the guy who posted that Quotetracker is the apex of charting packages. N00b :)

#23     Apr 24, 2007
  4. rayl

rayl

I am surprised by all the negativism. I'll stick my neck out and express my support.

Despite admittedly pretty bad and slow service (I have a ticket open about an ACAT for over a day now without a response), and despite my one bug beef of not being able to route premarket ArcaEdge OTCBB orders (though CS says the gurus are working on it I'm still waiting)--

I've found IB to be the best retail accessible platform I've ever used in terms of breadth of products and overall functionality/effeiciency/execution. The integration of foreign markets and FX into one account is truly great.

Being a public company would help increase accountability under SarbOx, which as a customer, I view as a major plus. Anyone remember Refco?

Also as someone who spent decades in technology, I have to say I am generally impressed by the apparent technology behind automated market making.

I will say though -- I am surprised at a promotion during the quiet period w/o the usual disclaimers! The lawyers must not be watching today...

#24     Apr 24, 2007
  5. TOM134

TOM134

I'm wondering the same thing 'laputa'.

'dj8899', yes, I agree with you:

.... "is there any chance that IB would spin off the brokerage business? i think a lot of people would have great interest investing in the brokerage portion. there's a lot of growth potential there........"

You got that right 'TM Direct' !

As I said:

Eventually, IB will be bought by one of the following:

WR Hambrecht + Co
    HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.
    Fox-Pitt, Kelton Inc
    Sandler O'Neill + Partners, L. P.
    E*Trade Securities, LLC
    BI Investments, LLC
    Doft & Co., Inc.
    Fidelity Capital Markets
    Ferris, Baker Watts Incorporated
    LaSalle Street Securities, LLC
    LPL Financial Services
    Maxim Group LLC
    Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated
    Sharebuilder Securities Corporation
    Wedbush Morgan Securities, Inc.
    Wells Fargo Securities, LLC

see:

http://ipo.interactivebrokers.com/

You heard it HERE !

Tom

#25     Apr 25, 2007
  6. mde2004

mde2004

Threw in for 1k shares at $25 through WR and will add more when it opens Friday. The valuation is fair and they shoud earn $2 per share in 2007. With only five percent of stock being floated it may act like NMX and take off.

#26     Apr 30, 2007
  7. mde2004

mde2004

After reading more of the prospectus, the company owns minor stakes in the One Chicago, Boston Options Exchange(BOX), and ISE to name a few. Petterfy will grow this company faster than any other brokerage on the public markets. Margins are the highest in the group and this looks like a NMX in the making.

#27     Apr 30, 2007
  8. Yeah , price bumped and shares increased.

damn

#28     Apr 30, 2007
  9. AAA30

AAA30

They just raised the price to $27 - $31 a share.

Looks like to many people bid at or above top of range.

Via Reuters

AA30

#29     Apr 30, 2007
  10. AAA30

AAA30

April 30 (Reuters) - Interactive Brokers Group Inc., an automated global electronic market maker and broker, on Monday raised the terms of its initial public offering to 34.5 million Class A shares ranging from $27 to $31 a share.

Sorry no link yet.

#30     Apr 30, 2007