Interactive Brokers insisting on spiked Fx price

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by GRULSTMRNN, Jun 22, 2018.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

DKK/SEK is not exactly Euro/Yen/Pound levels of exchange. I doubt IB uses anywhere near 16 for this pair.

#11     Jun 22, 2018
    padutrader likes this.
  2. padutrader

padutrader

would any complaint be made if the spike went your way?
    but there can be no doubt that forex has practices, that if done in stock markets would definitely attract an immediate jail term before the sun goes down.

#12     Jun 22, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  3. padutrader

padutrader

i have not heard any other broker complained against here in Et apart from IB. makes me glad i did not fund my account in IB i went with pepperstone

#13     Jun 22, 2018
  4. comagnum

comagnum

Check the other DKK pairs - big spikes at the same time on other DKK pairs appearing at other tier-1 Fx brokers like Gain Capital & Oanda.

This is clearly not an IB issue.

NOK/DKK -5.8% spike
    EUR/DKK -3% spike
    USD/DKK -1.7 spike

upload_2018-6-23_4-53-38.png

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    #14     Jun 23, 2018
    CSEtrader, Xela and Humble Investor like this.
  5. truetype

truetype

What could OP have been thinking, entering stop orders in an illiquid pair?:confused:

#15     Jun 23, 2018
  6. Base rate fallacy.

You read a host of complaints on ET against IB. You conclude IB is a shitty broker. I reach the opposite conclusion based on the same observation.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    #16     Jun 23, 2018
    comagnum and Xela like this.
  7. Was it a stop market or stop limit order?

#17     Jun 24, 2018
  8. Thanks, will ask my colleague to check

#18     Jun 25, 2018
  9. That is obviously sane advice and as far as I know my colleague stopped trading with IB altogether until this issue is resolved.

#19     Jun 25, 2018
  10. Obviously not as on the other side there did not sit any stop that might have been hit. But that is aside the point. I am grateful that my colleague alerted me to this. I trade sometimes 10s of millions in aggregate size with IB in G8 currency pairs and this issue has be on red alert because if I was caught in such nasty market manipulation it would cost me 200k usd per 10m notional. I think those figures are worth digging deeper and investigate what is going on. One thing you said is right though, was this a stock then any alert to regulators would have them crawling all over IB. With currencies one is almost at his own mercy. I am just shocked this is the very first time I ever witnessed that with IB in my over 10 years with IB and I am greatly concerned.

#20     Jun 25, 2018