Interactive Brokers HK server down. hey IB it's nearly 2011 you clowns

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Full Tilt, Dec 10, 2010.

1. woodark

woodark

American pay the taxes to the U.S. government, so after 9.11, the US fired back to the terrorists. You pay commission to the IB, then how do you do? I think IB have the best technical staff and equipment are placed in the US. Because most customers are there, very few customers in Asia.If U.S. trading hours happen such a long time dead, IB is close to bankruptcy.

#21     Dec 11, 2010
  2. woodark

woodark

watch out, son of a bitch it's HK 12:30,US market not open yet,even Soros abondon US market come to HK open office.the U.S. is not the world's largest exchange now, the future is in Asia.You can fuck yourself in the U.S. as long as you want.

#22     Dec 11, 2010
  3. This is part of my complaint for which IB has NO excuse.

When I called- same thing. THEY DON'T BELIEVE YOU (or they don't care). It seems they have no system for tracking the # of calls, so it takes WAY too long for them to even begin to acknowledge the problem and get to work fixing it.

The rep looks at the green status colour (which is always incorrectly green for at least 20-30 minutes after a problem started), so they tell you everything is fine on their end and to check things on your end.

A simple system of tracking incoming complaints of system down would show the spike when there is a real problem, instead of sending off customers to call their ISP while IB holds their hands over their ears and wastes valuable time.

#23     Dec 11, 2010
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

Or maybe they should rate customers on how often the customer is proven right in regards to notifying them of a problem. If the customer has a really high rating and is calling, then IB could take the issue seriously faster.

#24     Dec 11, 2010
  5. Anyone know where I can download TWS version 9.06? The TWS versions 9.11 and 9.12 do not stream data to my front end charts. I've been using a earlier TWS version and with the forced upgrade requirement by IB I completely missed the opportunity to archive the versions in between.

#25     Dec 12, 2010