Interactive Brokers HK server down. hey IB it's nearly 2011 you clowns

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Full Tilt, Dec 10, 2010.

1. The other thing that is dead is the 5 second feed ... nothing is coming through.

Backfill is also currently still dead.

#11     Dec 10, 2010
  2. Both backfill and 5 second now working.

If you guys could be kind enough to beg or steal some data and fill in the missing bits during the weekend that would be helpful.

Do give your switch supplier a kick in the axxxx for us though!

#12     Dec 10, 2010
  3. Nick29

Nick29

I second Kiwi on filling in the missing data. Can't trade with a stuffed up chart.

#13     Dec 10, 2010
  4. It wasn't just HK. Mine was completely down for about 30 min :(. Not a huge deal though

#14     Dec 10, 2010
  5. woodark

woodark

I'm a daytrader, After one hour dead today, I do not think I dare to do daytrading via IB in the future. I hope that the IB can provide detailed reports on this event.
    If you are a scapler or daytrader, you better stay far away from IB.Because one hour system down,means---------You are a deadman!!!!!

#15     Dec 10, 2010

6. Woodark that is actually a pretty stupid post. Not the most stupid I've seen in ET but up there with the best of them.

I've traded HK with IB for over 5 years. The last time I lost a session like this was about 4 years ago and it was caused by local flooding at my end. So 1 session in 5 years; its annoying at the time but if not repeated is statistically pretty good.

To IB, there are still gaps in the data despite the notice that flashed up in TWS that everything is fixed. Couldn't someone manually insert 5 second or even 30 second ohlc data for the last minutes of the morning session and the first 39 minutes of the afternoon session?

#16     Dec 10, 2010
  7. Nick29

Nick29

...........and the last 45 minutes of Aussie spi session.

#17     Dec 10, 2010
  8. Dipfuckingshits! Quit bitching and whining and emigrate to Amerikay! What part of reliability and low latency don't you fucking understand? You fucking foreigners want to fucking make money in our markets? Come fucking here!

#18     Dec 10, 2010
  9. woodark

woodark

If I am not mistaken, yesterday you did not have daytrading position when system down, if you have position, but also daytrading option position, you will not speak in this tone.
    But I had positions yesterday, you know my pain in that fucking one hour. I may be the first man called IB customer service told them system down , but IB was not known trouble at that time, ten minutes later, finally proved I was right.how ridiculous. HK12 :25-HK13: 25.

#19     Dec 10, 2010
  10. Risk management is a large part of the reason I'm still posting here. Edge, discipline, emotional awareness, risk management.

I didn't have a position still open yesterday, but I've had them during various surprising events. I had positions during 9/11.

I didn't go lose control then either.

#20     Dec 11, 2010