Interactive Brokers Files To Go Ipo

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by eagle488, Nov 27, 2006.

1. I am going to apply for mailroom or go-fer
    duty with IB

anything to get me some shares !

heck ... I'll even clean the TP stables on weekends

:p

#21     Nov 27, 2006
  2. It will not be hard to get shares, if you want them at any price.

I don't think GOOG was all that hard to get at IPO, it's just that many didn't understand the process or were afraid to buy at that 'high' price.

Maybe IB sets a $100 ipo price just to start off on the right foot.

#22     Nov 27, 2006
  3. Uh, thats for 5% of it. Read the 200 page red herring when you have a spare week.

#23     Nov 27, 2006
  4. gosh .. .the S-1 is 243 pages ....

thats alot of pages to read

:eek:

#24     Nov 28, 2006
  5. "Historically, our profits have been principally a function of transaction volume on electronic exchanges rather than volatility or the direction of price movements. Our strategy is to calculate quotes at which supply and demand for a particular security are likely to be in balance a few seconds ahead of the market and execute small trades at tiny but favorable differentials. Our quotes are based on our proprietary model rather than customer order flow, and we believe that this approach provides us with a competitive advantage."

is that considered market making or proprietary trading? It's 80% of their revenue, and the founder still owns 85% of the company?!?! Incredible success story...

#25     Nov 28, 2006
  6. So this publicly listed company will just be a 5% shareholder in a non publicly listed company.

I take it that because its just a holding company it doesnt have income, expect for any dividends it might get from the non listed company it has a 5% stake in.

Does anyone know of any similar type of company already in existence?

#26     Nov 28, 2006