Interactive Brokers Excel Real Time

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by feb2006, Sep 15, 2006.

1. feb2006

feb2006

When I should add backfill to my ticker, where storing historical data?

What databank woud you prefer?
    • MDB with Access2003
    • MDB with Access97
    • SQL Express with netFramework
    • MySQL
    Regards Martin

#21     Sep 29, 2006
  2. I got into the footprints for a while and they are valuable but...I dont know if you know the expression 'can't see the wood for the trees' I found looking at the footprints a bit like looking at leaves!

I guess excel has the advantage of already having 'cells' that could be filled with data.

I'll upload a snapshot tomorrow. I'm still messing round with delta but watching it less closesly now. I'm mainly using plain old volume. There is more information with delat but I am not sure that I have seen delta 'contradict' overal volume.

Maybe it is because the DAX is a bit 'thin' I might trade ER as well as DAX next week andgive it a go there.

Cheers,
    Nick.

#22     Sep 29, 2006
  3. I perfer MS Access XP (or 2003).

#23     Oct 5, 2006
  4. Grant

Grant

Martin,

I use Excel to manipulate live data (from VisualCharts).

My knowledge of VBA is almost zero. However, in one of the modules in your programme I noticed a reference to TWS's Port number. Is this how your programme(s) accesses the TWS feed?

If so, is it not a simple matter to change this to Port 40080 (Visual Charts') and retrieve the data?

Grant.

#24     Oct 6, 2006
  5. feb2006

feb2006

Hi Grant, unfortunately it isn't.

My Ticker uses the ActiveX-Control of IB to connect to TWS.

This control communicates internally via Port Number XXXX with TWS, what opens the possibility to run TWS on a PC with IP XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Port 7496 in China or your second PC while running my Ticker on your first PC.

But this control to my knowledge can communicate only with TWS-API and no other software.

Nevertheless have a nice weekend
    Martin

#25     Oct 7, 2006
  6. marklc

marklc

Was this error ever solved or just conveniently ignored ?

The spreadsheet falls over immediately, when the spreadsheet starts up,

Sheet1.btnToggleConnect_Click

secondly when the debugger is stopped and an attempt is made to disconnect the connection

Worksheets("Basis").Tws1.Disconnect

and then again when an attempt is made to connect to TWS.

Worksheets("Basis").Tws1.Connect IP, Port, ClientID

What is going on here ?

#26     Oct 17, 2006
  7. feb2006

feb2006

Hi marklc, to understand what's meant by 'spreadsheet falls over' screenshots are needed.

In most cases the spreadsheet doesn't seem to make problems. The Bar and the Stock-Version have been downloaded over 200 times until now, and only an handful problems habe been reported. Did you try the debugging version too?

If your problem should persist, please post meaningful screenshots and I'll try to help.

Regards, Martin

#27     Oct 17, 2006
  8. marklc

marklc

Thanks for that response. I downloaded the spreadsheet again and it now appears to be working after just a single glitch ?

Must be something sticky with the connection. I am running Sierra and a front-end API to IB called Autotrader and now i have the spreadsheet.

Perhaps IB is overloaded.

#28     Oct 17, 2006
  9. feb2006

feb2006

Each connection to IB TWS needs to have a different ClientID. So typing a different number into the ClientID Cell sometimes may help - see screenshot

#29     Oct 17, 2006
  10. adcum

adcum

is there an fomule in excel to make
    from the data a candle of e.g.5,15 or60minutes in the DATA tab from excel-twsv2,041

looking forward for an answer
    greetings adcum:)

#30     Nov 15, 2006