Interactive Brokers Excel Real Time

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by feb2006, Sep 15, 2006.

1. feb2006

feb2006

Would like to discuss development of software processing TWS quotes real time in Excel. Starting with a pre production version (v2,03) of my Excel-Ticker, see screenshot below.

Following soon:
    video: Ticker_2,03inAction.avi.zip
    manual: ManualExcelTWSv2,03.pdf
    spreadsheet: Excel-TWSv2,03withBarData.xls

Regards, Martin

2. feb2006

feb2006

The video of the spreadsheet working.

Download and open in MediaPlayer. You needn't to unzip it, if you like simply delete the '.zip' ending.

3. feb2006

feb2006

The manual for Excel-Ticker spreadsheet.

4. feb2006

feb2006

The Excel-Ticker spreadsheet.

5. feb2006

feb2006

Version 2,04 the Stock-Version of my Excel-Ticker-Spreadsheet.

6. feb2006

feb2006

To change the number of rows saved you have to open VisualBasic Editor with 'alt+F11'. Then goto Module 'ModuleTWSapi' to Sub 'ListeSchieben' and change the copy range 'Range("A11:C1009")'.

Regards
    Martin

7. Wetton

Wetton

Very interesting Martin and thanks for posting. I am totally new to any type of programming using Excel (or anything else for that matter) for trading.

I'll be following with great interest.

8. Hi,

Thanks for building this spreadsheet -- I'd like to try using it. I tried it and got the error described in the enclosed jpg. Thanks for taking a look!

9. feb2006

feb2006

Hi Jonny, sure would I, but probably you didn't succeed uploading your jpg. Even had a look into my PMs but couldn't find any message with jpg attached.
    So please try uploading your jpg again.
    Regards, Martin

PS
    Did you try to connect and disconnect several times? That's often the best way do solve problems.
    To solve other problems from distance isn't easy - in principle you have to open Visual Basic Editor and set stop points or the line 'MsgBox "Test"' till the programming line creating this error is isolated.
    And to know where to place these stop points a description is necessary after clicking what buttons the error occurred.

Does anybody else experience similar problems? I would appreciate reports of successful usage too.

10. JDConner

JDConner

How do you change the default dates from 12/06 to 11/06, it keeps resetting back to the default date.

Thanks

#10     Sep 27, 2006