Interactive Brokers Down

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by JSOP, Dec 17, 2017.

1. JSOP

JSOP

Is Interactive Brokers down for anybody? I can't log in since 5:00+ PM today. TWS is not even prompting me for security card values after I entered my username and password.

2. Weekends for brokers and banks' websites are usually down for maintenance periods;
    I'm 99.7% sure they will be functioning come business morning Monday.

Make Trading Great Again 2018, ET extraterrestrial...high-five`

3. DaveV

DaveV

My IB Gateway, which I started yesterday morning, is running fine. I can see realtime Futures quote.

4. I traded Bitcoin with IB now and it is working fine.

5. maxinger

maxinger

quite common to be down on Monday morning.
    perhaps cold engine problem

6. IBKR does maintenance during weekends. If you're logged in to Asian server, I'm sure no problem now since it is Asian trading hours now.

7. JSOP

JSOP

Thanks. Now I've got a new problem. I got an Exposure Fee notice on High Margin account. They are going to implement the fee starting Dec. 26. Is anybody affected by this crap? It's not a big amount but it's just so annoying that IB constantly nickles & dimes all the time but at the same does NOTHING beneficial for both IB or the trader. You can NEVER just concentrate on making money with them. They ALWAYS have to take something away from you.

8. truetype

truetype

Do you think they assessed it in error? Is your portfolio low-risk, but misunderstood by IB?

9. The topic of IB charging exposure fee is also discussed in this thread: https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/anybody-got-ib-daily-exposure-fee-for-crude.315022/

10. Gambit

Gambit

There are other options...

#10     Dec 23, 2017