Interactive Brokers Complaint

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by marketbarometer, Feb 2, 2007.

1. mb I feel your pain, and that kind of problem sucks, but I am very surprised that you believe IB hasn't covered its ass in the contracts you signed. What I am saying is that it may be 100% corrrect that this is a systemic problem on their part, but that means nothing - the contract will undoubtedly contain a clause which prevents you from suing them for this problem.

#11     Feb 3, 2007
  2. Not every clause is enforceable in the eyes of judge.

Does the wait time reasonable?
    Should we wait for so long just to close a position?

#12     Feb 5, 2007
  3. Apache

Apache

Im an IT administrator at a dot-com. We provide business software that businesses use to keep track of payroll, sales, etc. They run everything through a website that we host. When that website becomes unavailable our phones light like a Christmas tree.

The reason Im talking about all this is because I have a lot of experience with outages where somewhere in America a router breaks and whole regions can't get to our website but they can get to other websites. Its like the I-80 backing up in Utah causing all traffic from Utah to be unable to reach Nevada but they can get everywhere else.

It's possible that this happened.

BUT-- as a professional in that field I can tell you that you will never be able to prove it was IBs fault given how many networks your packets travel through to get from your computer to theirs. The only thing that would help you is if they admitted a problem.

Given that this board isnt filled with people having the same issue I would say your ISP or someone upstream of you had an issue causing your orders to abort.

I dont use IB so I cant tell you the address or IP of their servers but if you ever find out going to a command prompt and typing "tracert (ip address)" will show you where along your path from you to them things are failing. If it is failing in the first few hops its likely your ISPs fault. If it fails in the middle its usually some router in timbuktu. If its at the end then its likely IB. That of course doesnt take into account software issues in their server-- its just looking to see if their servers are even reachable by you.

#13     Feb 7, 2007
  4. Agreed you're completely and utterly pissed.

Bullshit. You will be in court ... what a lot of rubbish. Venting on the board just makes the poster look like a wanker (like TraderHerry (lol) when he used to vent about his self generated problems with IB). Grow up. Get a second broker if these problems worry you. Hell, get another broker for all I care.

But, do let us know when you've filed. It'll be fun (but you might read your contract first).

#14     Feb 7, 2007
  5. zdreg

zdreg

go down to the courthouse. stand before the court house until a few other complainants arrive. hire a high powered lawyer . file a class action lawsuit. (how many people live in your hamlet?)

hurry up. maybe IB will be forced to disclose your lawsuit in their ipo prospectus.

regardless of the outcome you will have your 15 minutes of fame.

#15     Feb 7, 2007