Interactive Brokers Closed All Open Positions

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Aaron Copland, Dec 2, 2008.

1. jsmith

jsmith

Thank you for the information. I was always wondering if IB had fixed it and that's good news.

#21     Dec 3, 2008
  2. moarla

moarla

Mr. AARON: please instead of posting interests payed by IB:

POST YOUR PORTFOLIO JUST BEVORE IB LIQUIDATED YOU, and please post your account too...
    then everybody see clearly who had made the error

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

#22     Dec 3, 2008
  3. moarla

moarla

and for your aunderstanding how work a automatic system:
    you have to liquidate BEVORE you are undermargined, THE SYSTEM LIQUIDATES YOU AT THE POINT....

so B E V O R E :))))

even you have to take a big loss

hahahahahahahah

#23     Dec 3, 2008
  4. Here we go again...

Thread Starter: Stoopid IB really messed me up when they closed me out!
    [Translation] I screwed up and went past margin limits. Not IB's fault for my error.

Thread Starter: Why didn't IB just do this or that?
    [Translation] I signed the agreement and IB has warned many times before that they WILL close out positions to bring margin back in line. IB must protect themselves and all their other customers.

Thread Starter: I'm going to another broker. Stoopid IB, etc, etc...
    [Translation] I'm embarassed and there are no other brokers with the features and costs of IB. If I switch I'll be sorry.

#24     Dec 3, 2008
  5. Bob111

Bob111

i'm with IB for almost a decade and they never paid a good rate. not to mention no interest at all on first 10K

#25     Dec 3, 2008
  6. When I pulled up my account there was an area highlighted flashing showing negative $1100 or $1300 needed I don't remember the exact amount.

I knew what was going on and was about to correct the deficit, but I'm telling you they closed my DIA,QQQQ and WFC position.

I was not necessary to liquidate all these positions, I have been doing business with IB for 7 years. I know how things work. Let me say this, things have changed.

They seem to be a tad paranoid.

#26     Dec 3, 2008
  7. IB and their genius programmers. With their automated processes you are constantly at risk of one of their systems SNAFU . These guys have the potential to give you a coronary.
    And CS haS no respect for your time .

#27     Dec 3, 2008
  8. I think this has something to do with Citi, I know Def will come here and say they spread the deposits around.

I know of no other broker that has taken such drastic measures with there margins.

#28     Dec 3, 2008
  9. plugger

plugger

Here's the clincher:

"I knew what was going on and ..........."

Do you need to say anymore?

There were 12 lanes of non stop traffic moving very fast. I ran into the traffic anyways and got hit by a truck. Stupid truck driver didn't stop for me. It's his fault.

#29     Dec 3, 2008