Interactive Brokers Charting Poll

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ibx, Aug 3, 2012.

IB Clients: What charting package do you use?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2012.
  1. Trader Workstation Charting

9 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. SierraChart

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. NinjaTrader

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. MultiCharts

28 vote(s)
    37.8%
  5. E-Signal

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. TradeStation

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. Bloomberg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Reuters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Don't use charts

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. Other chart package (please specify)

13 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. IB clients are too poor to afford anything from Dow Jones, Bloomberg, or Standard And Poors. :D

#51     Oct 12, 2012

2. retarded comment.

#52     Oct 12, 2012
  3. smile

smile

Interactive Brokers please consider buying Quotetracker from TDameritrade.

They don't want it and many of your customers have used it with much success for years.

It is wonderful software and would be a terrific addition to IB charting capabilities.

#53     Oct 16, 2012

4. Correct, TD Ameritrade doesn't want it. Here is a portion of the text from an email they sent to their customers on 8/3/2012...they're only pushing their Thinkorswim product:

We want to assure you that as a valued TD Ameritrade client, you will continue to have access to QuoteTracker and to all of its functionality: streaming real-time quotes, live real-time intraday charts, dynamic historical charts, more than 120 technical indicators, and more.

However, we will not be making any new enhancements to the platform in the future.

thinkorswim®: A powerful trading experience
    To complement QuoteTracker, or as an alternative, we encourage you to explore thinkorswim®, our most advanced trading platform. Free* to all TD Ameritrade clients, thinkorswim provides sophisticated trading tools, streaming real-time data, one-click trading, and advanced analytics, including charts with hundreds of customizable technical studies.

#54     Oct 21, 2012
  5. how difficult would it be to add Renko charts? I've never used them, but they look interesting.

I see sierra offers them

#55     Oct 22, 2012
  6. What about Point and Figure. I like those charts and QT offers at the moment.

#56     Oct 22, 2012
  7. a lot of posters seem to like QT, have no experience with them
    what is the subscription rate?

#57     Oct 22, 2012
  8. the reason I ask is because, historically, ib has always had very bad charts, and it would seem a simple discount on QT or Sierra who specialize in charts would be a way to go

#58     Oct 22, 2012
  9. just21

just21

IB should make their backfill faster and reconsider the throttling instead of looking at the charts. I switched to esignal as it was taking too long to fill the charts in multicharts and there were issues with daily chart start times.

#59     Oct 22, 2012
  10. and while we are on the subject, another astute poster just turned me on to Armens Trade Log, which since we are quickly entering tax season, will take all your ib trades and sort them out for the IRS, or Taxact tax software.

I don't expect to get it all for free

but an ib discount (trade log is about $300/yr) would be a nice plus

I don't think most of us have any faith ib will come up with good charts that can beat QT or Sierra

but they could work out a discount deal for us

and like I said, I would also like to see that extended to tax software

#60     Oct 22, 2012