Interactive Brokers assitance

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by enrick71, Feb 2, 2018.

1. enrick71

enrick71

I can't conctat IB in any manner: chat doesn't work on my pc, phone calls need years be answered, email conctat doesn't match my id and account number, m I the only one?

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Stay with the phone.
    Look up/try different numbers. (There are a few.)

3. truetype

truetype

You don't need to contact them -- they offer autoliquidation service.

Soon2Bgreat, Gambit, comagnum and 3 others like this.
  4. rb7

rb7

Why the chat feature is not working on your PC?

I used that a couple of time and the response was really quick and helpful.

5. zdreg

zdreg

the problem is not your inability to contact IB.
    likely you have other problems related to your internet provider or with your computer
    deal with them first.

6. John9999

John9999

I gave up on IB after numerous issues.. including the lockout that lasted a few days recently and could not log in.... Sure they have low commissions , but look at the service you receive

I went back to a Broker I have used for years... I can always get thru 24/7 immediately on the phone to execute orders when I am not at my computer or whatever

7. I don't understand the many complaints regarding waiting time on the phone. I don't recall having waited on the phone a single time when calling IB. Likewise on the chat.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  8. truetype

truetype

It's so they can blame all their bad trades on "I couldn't get through to IB."

rb7 likes this.
  9. My advice to you is to switch to Etrade.
    [​IMG]
    Make Trading Great Again 2018...High-Five` o_O

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  10. Sig

Sig

I've heard that the service you receive from IB very much depends on where you are and how much money you have with them. It could very well be if you have mid 7 figures with them and/or are calling their Hong Kong or Canada office you are getting a very different user experience than the OP with a $25k U.S. account.

#10     Feb 2, 2018
    kmiklas likes this.