Interactive Brokers: "Another session with the same user name already exists"

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Maverick2608, Jul 16, 2018.

1. I close my laptop and go for a walk. I open the IB app on my phone in read-only mode. I walk for an hour and open the app again. I receive this message:

“Another session with the same user name already exists. Click OK to disconnect the other session. Click Cancel to terminate this session.”

Does anyone else experience this from time to time?

Can it be an IB representative who has logged in using my user name?

Any other explanation?

• You most likely did not log out from your laptop.
    • Auto logout after no activity probably takes awhile.

MoreLeverage and athlonmank8 like this.
  2. But I did not receive the message the first time I logged in using the app on my phone after going for a walk leaving the closed laptop. I only received the message the second time, so I must have been logged out from my laptop when I closed it?

3. smallfil

smallfil

Chrome saves your passwords for websites to make it easier to logon unless, you disable it. Suggest you completely logoff and close up the web page as well before you shutdown your computer.

4. The "Audit trail" function only shows orders. Does anyone know a function where you can check when someone logged in and for instance the corresponding IP address?

5. I would change my password A.S.A.P. just in case.
    es

ET180 and Maverick2608 like this.
  6. When I close my laptop and open it again, the IB TWS is up and running again immediately. I do not need to login again. So I assume I can still be logged in, even though I have closed the laptop.

However, what I find strange is the fact that I did not receive the message quoted above when I first logged into the IB app on my phone. Therefore I assume I must have been logged out of the laptop session. So when I receive the message the second time I login on the phone, someone else must have logged in in the intervening period... maybe in read-only mode where double verification is not needed?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  7. smallfil

smallfil

So that means your login is active and was not shutdown. Logging off and shutting down your computer are two different things. Suggest you completely shutdown each time you end your sessions. Close the browser too by hitting the X button.

8. destriero

destriero

Yeah, heaven forbid someone were to grab ES' $42.50.

9. destriero,

I can see you are still being an idiot, no matter how many handles you have churned through. I thought you had me on ignore? Can't stand it can you? After all these years manifesting your insecurities you obviously have not received help.

By the way don't change this post in the quote, you already have been warned.

ES

P.S. And I have over $73.50 and still would never let you trade my money.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    #10     Jul 16, 2018