Interactive Brokers - Add-on Software

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by cwb1014, Dec 26, 2005.

1. paradox

paradox

I have been a user of AB for a couple of years so I'm pretty happy with it, but I do agree that some of the real-time performance can be improved. I think more attention is not paid to this area because most of the users of Amibroker are probably EOD traders, and it is only with the introduction of the IB plugin that more real-time traders have started to use it. So I am happy to see this, as it will encourage the developer to add more real-time features, and optimize performance. The developer has done recent things like improving the IB backfill speed. I haven't used tick charts lately because IB is not a tick datafeed and I believe Amibroker only stores data with 5 second granularity anyhow.

You might want to try the latest beta a try, as it gives chart timing numbers. Also I believe the developer is working on a future version that is supposed to be optimized for dual-core and/or 64 bit systems. Looking forward to that as I am already in the process of replacing an old computer to a dual-core AMD system.

#11     Jan 9, 2006
  2. Another one to look at is SierraChart.

I use it for real time charting (fast, low resource user) and end of day charting.

#12     Jan 9, 2006
  3. vvtrader

vvtrader

Besides charting, can someone input some information on trade execution. I am looking to trade US stocks mainly use Level 2, and hot key execution. Can I do that with IB?

#13     Jan 9, 2006
  4. Where do you get EOD data from? Is there a way to download EOD into your IB database from another source so that you can have many days of data despite the fact that IB does not offer many days of data? Problem here is that I want to look at daily charts and am unable to since only 5 bars are loaded. I just installed amibroker with IB and don't want to have to wait weeks before I can analyze daily charts. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot

#14     Jan 10, 2006
  5. Anyone here know how to set up amibroker's y-axis for fractional increments? I need 32nds for us treasury note futures. any help would be very greatly appreciated Thanks

#15     Jan 10, 2006