Interactive Brokers 4 hour FX chart starting at 1am everyday

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Fisher, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Fisher

Fisher

Hi guys,

On IB TWS, when I go to chart parameters and check 'show data in user time zone', the chart does update from US to UK time zone (which is my time zone). However, when setting the time frame to 4 hour (or 2 hour), my Forex bar charts of a day start at 1am instead of 0 am (please see the highlighted time in the screenshot attached). This one hour delay is pretty annoying. Anyone has any idea how I could make it starting at 0 am?

Many thanks in advance. screenshot.png

2. def

def Sponsor

Just a guess from me as I haven't checked with tech but I suppose it is because your are 5 hours ahead of the EDT and the time is just a conversion and overlay from the base server hours

3. Fisher

Fisher

Thanks a lot def. I have just called them, it is the way how they manage the data, so maybe changing the time zone could be a potential solution.

4. Fisher

Fisher

I just tried to move my time zone to the one 1 hour forward, then the charts start at the beginning of a day when on 4 hour frames, Thanks.
    Just wondering does changing the time zone mess up some other functionalities? Thanks

5. def

def Sponsor

It shouldn't. Just make sure of you are doing a conditional or timed order to double check the time zone of submission. Otherwise, should be seamless.