Interactive broker platform question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by MiniGrasshopper, Feb 18, 2004.

1. yes i trade 3 stock accounts at the same time. i allocate 80% 10% 10% and always trade in multiples of 1000 and it has never missed yet.
    one problem i notice is if you get a partial fill and try to change the price it doesnt always let you do it.
    i dont like the way they do price adjustments after the fact but since they are all my accounts i have never checked the math. otherwise i like the fa account.

#11     Feb 20, 2004
  2. i rang up Hong kong support (closest to my location) and sadly no one seems to be able to work out why share allocation doesnt show up in layout

I reformated today put a whole new OS (win xp pro) on, put nice new downloaded java & TWS..and still same issue..No share allocation in layout

Anyone ever had this issue or know a way to skip around it or resolve it WITHOUT having to make a new tws account?

#12     Feb 23, 2004
  3. def

def Sponsor

I just walked over to the help desk and asked about this. My guess is that since you don't have any sub-accounts, the default must be 100% and thus there is no allocation to set.

#13     Feb 23, 2004
  4. Thats same answer i got when hong kong support rang me back last night...sadly, when i go to transmit a trade it still does the share allocation error..i have to right click..and fiddle with it EACH trade...takes quite a while...

Which can be VERY painful when trying to transmit a quick futures trade :(

iv tried no allocation profile..iv tried 100% percent profile..tried 100 ratio profile none work...any other idea's how to make it work right?

I have emailed screenshots upon phone support..but i post here in hope that i can solve it faster by asking in a few area's (phone support call every couple days so it drags out)

#14     Feb 23, 2004
  5. def

def Sponsor

i don't know a great deal about these accounts (will find out later) but, if you have an FA account with no sub-accounts, it kind of defeats the purpose of having the account. Did you try to open 1 sub-account and allocate 100% to that?

#15     Feb 23, 2004
  6. there are quite a few reasons why havnt had a new account for just one account setup...intially this account was setup by a "screwup"...didnt know which to pick so just picked family account, so im trying to make it work since im told its suposed to work like the normal account anyways

ill ride this account till i figure its dead trying to make it work..then make a new one where i dont have to fiddle with it:)

#16     Feb 24, 2004